I am not losing weight or inches??? HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Lyndo, I recently changed my calories down to 1200 and I gained 2 lbs.:grumble: So I changed it back to 1450 and I feel better, I'm not so hungry all the time.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Adding to all the other excellent advise.
    What is your current deficit? If you trying to do two pounds a week that is probably too much. Try setting you deficit so that you will be eating 1500 -1600 cals a week and no exercise calories (if you're doing the treadmill.) I find 4 meals work better for me that 6. I try to get at least 22-25% of my calories from protein. I try to keep my carbs at 45% or less. I lose better when I eat heavy protein.

Is your treadmill routine a casual walk or are you really exerting yourself? I input my weight minus ten pounds in the treadmill and use the treadmill calorie burn in my totals. When I do a dvd I eat about half of the number mfp gives me. When I first started I could eat 75% and still lose the amount I was supposed to. Using weights have really resulted in a lot of inches lost. So you may want to get a beginner dvd if you don't use weights already.

Also I found getting the appropriate amount and kind of fiber is important. Popcorn and fibrous fruits and veggies work for me better than other types. I typically don't eat bread except on sundays maybe. I usually don't eat whole grains at all with the exception of oats and the popcorn.

My eating patterns
    Breakfast - eggs and prunes 2 days; then yogurt and walnuts 2 days; oatmeal 2 days
    Lunch- tuna and fruits/chips 2 days then greek yogurt 2 days
    Dinner boiled chicken/ ground turkey/ salmon and a vegetable (green beans, broccoli, asparagus)
    Snack- fruit / yogurt or junk food that I want before exercising
    coffee with sugar and milk