I'm new and trying to lose baby weight

Options
I'm new and using mfp to monitor my calories and log my exercise. So far I've lost 5lbs doing this but losing the last 10lbs of pregnancy weight while breastfeeding is hard!! My body just seems to hold on to the weight. I'm almost 5 months postpartum...anyone else here have any tips for getting these extra pounds off while breastfeeding? I would really like to fit in my regular jeans before the cold weather hits GA.

Replies

• scoobdoob808
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I am now 9 months PP and I have way more than 10 pounds to lose. I am also still breastfeeding but only parttime as my little guy is now eating solids. I dont know if you have noticed but it seems like my milk supply goes way down if I ry to eat a lot less so I am trying to really eat healthy and make all of my calories count. Good Luck to you, sorry I do not have any great tips. If you find something that works let me know.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Welcome, there's a thread on here that has others who are trying to lose the baby weight and you may be interested in joining it. I can't think of the name-maybe someone else will know. Best wishes!
  • jaminsmonster
    Options
    I'm trying to loose the baby weight & breastfeeding too...PP 9months. i'm torn between keeping up the nursing because it's so good for my daughter but wondering if i wean her will the pounds come off faster?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: