Almond Milk?

Options
2»

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk :) but I haven't drank regular milk by itself in probably 5 years so I may be biased. It's great to use in recipes though if you don't like the taste of it plain. It's good with cereal too.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Recently tried Blue Diamond unsweetened, Eurgh!

I like Alpro normal almond milk but my fave non dairy is Alpro light soya as its nice and sweet, doesn't curdle in to drinks and froths really nice for cappuccinos
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have some, but I never drink it straight. I used to drink milk and soy milk all the time for the protein. Almond milk doesn't have any protein in it, and lots of fat. I don't need that in liquid form.

What brand of Almond Milk were you drinking? Mine (2.5g) has less fat that whole (8g), 2% (5g) and 1% (3g) milk. It only has more that fat free milk.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Tastes terrible to me. I prefer Soy Milk but to each his or her own.
  • liz43213
    liz43213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i love the almond and soy milk they last a lot longer than regular milk...it takes me weeks to drink a half gallon of skim milk and it usually goes bad before i get half way thru it....i use soy milk with everything including mashed potatoes i just get the plain instead of the vanilla
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a coupon for a free carton of almond milk, so I will be trying it for the first time soon. I'm intrigued to see what it tastes like.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I just recently started buying it to make my protein shakes, and have not yet tried it on it's own... I was never big on drinking milk alone though.
  • AlishaLubben
    AlishaLubben Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk! You can make oatmeal, scrambled eggs, hot cocoa...anything! Try it in smoothies.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just bought some today and haven't tried it yet. I bought the vanilla flavor. I'm trying to find a good alternative to my coffee mate french vanilla creamer. I hope it will do the trick. ???
    I have not researched it at all, but is there any lactose in the almond milk?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I like something sweet so I buy vanilla for my coffee and smoothies and then I drink the dark chocolate about once a day. I need the calcium.
  • maylene1853
    Options
    to me it tasted like watered down milk. and since i use it pretty much only in my protein shakes i cant tell the difference from the real milk i used to drink.
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just bought some today and haven't tried it yet. I bought the vanilla flavor. I'm trying to find a good alternative to my coffee mate french vanilla creamer. I hope it will do the trick. ???
    I have not researched it at all, but is there any lactose in the almond milk?

No lactose (or casein - the other problem in dairy) in almond or coconut milk, but it does provide protein and calcium.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it now and will never go back to Cow's milk. It's a lot healthier for you. Good for you on making the switch.
  • listlife
    listlife Posts: 30
    Options
    i'm a fan of almond milk but i'm confused by how long it can stay in your fridge? Most containers say it's only good for 7 days after opening? Is that true or just a guideline?