Help,need more calories but less protein/sugar/fiber!!!

Options
My weight loss has come to a halt for the last month. My normal goal is set for 1200 calories but usually after my exercises my goal will go up to 1600-1800. I generally log about 900 calories a day (with lots of eating) but figure I am going to try 2 weeks trying to eat ALL of my calories (yes...I've read all the debate about whether to eat/not to eat exercise calories), I assume my body wants me to put in more to burn so I'm going to give it a try. My problem is this...I am setting up a sample meal plan for myself and have made it up to 982 calories...but my protein is already over by 16g & I can't figure out how to get my calories all the way up to 1800 without going over on everything else. I know fruits & veg are low/no protein but I don't think I could eat another 1000 calories worth of them in a day...hahaha!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, my sugar goes over most days because I found to stay within my limit I had to have a pretty much fruit free diet...so I try to only eat 'healthy' sugars, not processed ones. And lastly...is there any down-side to going over your fiber limit? I have added additional fiber into my diet cause I figure it does a body good :)

Thanks

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    A few things:

1) Don't worry about going over on protein - MFP's "limit" should be looked at as more of a minimum goal
    2) Unless it's causing digestive discomfort, don't worry about going over your fiber. Again, MFP's goal can be a bit low. I easily eat upwards of 35-40g of fiber on days where I'm rocking the veggies, and my body has gotten used to it.
    3) Unless your sugar total is super high, I wouldn't worry about it if it's coming from natural sources like fruits and veggies. Granted - you don't want to go crazy on the fruits, but 1-2 servings of fruit a day shouldn't be seen as a bad thing.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    veggies and protein
  • tenten427
    tenten427 Posts: 8
    Options
    Add a skinless baked chicken breast and some steamed veggies. Definitely ok to eat the protein especially if it's while 'eating back' your calories after exercise. Your body needs it when exercising. Even a protein bar would work. If you want less sugar, find a brand designed for diabetics that is sugar free.

I'm on the Fiber 35 diet and actually trying to get even a little extra on top of that, around 40 each day, because the medication I take can be constipating. I figure- two birds with one stone! Fiber is great for your body and you'll know when too much is too much, until you reach that point you don't really need to worry about what the daily limit says. Just pay attention to your body.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Low protein and fiber? That doesn't make any sense. I get 225-250g of protein and 40-60g of fiber every day with no problem. There's no reason to restrict these two things at all. Consider your protein and fiber numbers to be MINIMUMS, not maximums. You can double your normal MFP values easily with no problem.
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys :)