Help!! Pics

Options
So the scale says i went from 143 to 140 within the last week and a half ... but i just compared a picture of me in the bikini from this week to last week and i think i look bigger in the 2nd picture which is this week.. i've been working out eating right and the scale says down.. ugh.. frustrated
7576679844_70778132b6_z.jpg
Untitled-1 by ashleylynn03, on Flickr

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You don't look bigger in the second pic. I don't even see a difference at all. Measure yourself once a month or weekly if you want, that is better than just the scale and trying to see 3lbs in a picture.
  • drkokilkumar
    Options
    hello, i`m a new member of MFP. i dont think u look bigger in the second pic....i think u look tighter and more toned. but my problem is that the scales show a slight increase in weight for a couple of fays after in start working out and then i get demotivated and leave all my dieting and workout......i mean i wanna look leaner and weigh less too,,,, but exactly opposite starts happening to me when i start working out :( what`s ur experience ?
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You do not look bigger do not worry. I think the only reason you may think that is because the lighting is different in the two pics. You look great and congrats on losing some weight. Good luck with reaching your goals.

I do my pics once a week and I try to make sure the lighting is the same as I experienced what you are feeling when I started but it was because I mess up my lighting.
  • ashypoo03
    ashypoo03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.. i'm trying to take weekly photos so I can track the progress.. hoping one day to see some ...
    drkokilkumar maybe it's water weight? ... What are you doing for workouts.. my weight goes up and down one morning i can weigh like 142 the next is 140 .. dont give up your workouts and exercise though.. i still work out every night .. finding the energy is the hardest for me.. i want to see results right now but they say it can take up to 4 -8 weeks to notice the difference .. good luck
  • tempest501
    Options
    hello, i`m a new member of MFP. i dont think u look bigger in the second pic....i think u look tighter and more toned. but my problem is that the scales show a slight increase in weight for a couple of fays after in start working out and then i get demotivated and leave all my dieting and workout......i mean i wanna look leaner and weigh less too,,,, but exactly opposite starts happening to me when i start working out :( what`s ur experience ?

Depends on your body composition but it could be you are gaining muscle and that weighs more than fat. Try not to lose hearts you will get there.
  • ashypoo03
    ashypoo03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    tempest501 you are right the lighting is different.. could be why.. ive had 2 kids and my stomach shows .. so i think thats my big issue.. time to up the situps from 30 - 50 this week
  • tempest501
    Options
    Thanks guys.. i'm trying to take weekly photos so I can track the progress.. hoping one day to see some ...
    drkokilkumar maybe it's water weight? ... What are you doing for workouts.. my weight goes up and down one morning i can weigh like 142 the next is 140 .. dont give up your workouts and exercise though.. i still work out every night .. finding the energy is the hardest for me.. i want to see results right now but they say it can take up to 4 -8 weeks to notice the difference .. good luck

I was working my *kitten* off for 2 months before anything started to happen but then lost a whole stone in 4-5 weeks. You will get there, dont give up.
  • bratius
    bratius Posts: 60
    Options
    Look the same in both to me. Might be the lighting or that you have two different swim suits on!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's the lighting. Its only been a week so I'm sure you will see some definate differences in the weeks to come. Keep up the good work!!! :flowerforyou: