NROL for women question.

Options
I have been working out with a personal trainer for the last six months. I have seen great results and have gotten pretty strong. Now that I am working out on my own, I want to try the routines in NROL, but am wondering if I should start at the beginning. Reading through the routines they seem pretty easy(at least the first stage). Or maybe I should try it with heavier weights and more sets?

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Why not try it? see how you feel after workout A and B... you never know:flowerforyou:
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Do it once, up the weights. You don't need more sets the point is to lift heavier. If you search the groups there is a NROLFW group :)
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I started NROLW last week...I also am pretty strong to begin with, but doing reps of 15 per set is exhausting! I really feel like I'm a getting a great workout with just the 5 exercises in the first stage. Don't be shy with the weight. Push as heavy as you can go with good form for all 15 reps. Today I couldn't finish my rows because my beginning weight was too heavy (and likewise had difficulty with finishing my set of push-ups). You can always try one of the other NROL books if the one for women is too easy for you. The NROL for Life has some really challenging workouts. Good luck!
  • KM11102011
    KM11102011 Posts: 41
    Options
    The book is a really quick, easy read.
    WeightWars hit it; the point is to lift heavier.

Try the first couple workout but challenge yourself weight-wise.
    Best of luck!
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    i kinda thought it was easy (i've lifted before) try doing heavier weight. don't change the reps/sets listed in the book
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just started also. You can lift heavier weights (and in that case maybe decrease the reps and shorten stage one, but not skip it). You can do more reps of the body weight exercises (the core exercises). I have needed to increase those for it to be effective because I already have a very strong core, plus I just think they are fun. You can always switch in a more challenging exercise from the book for an easier one. Or you could add something to the routine. Or add in another set of some stuff, etc. Those are just some ideas. I also find it pretty easy for someone that is already very fit. But, now my knee is hurting me, so I might even have to take a break from it for now. Not sure. But, with all this said, I am lifting as heavy as I can (which is not so heavy for most heavy lifters). So, the exercises themselves are not too easy. I just feel like the workout is short. I could do workout A and B all at once (I'm not doing that though).
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Like most others have said, just increase your weight. But the stage is definitely worth doing.