Does apple cider vinegar actually help you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    I've read it's great for keeping sinuses cleared up if you consume 2 tbsp a day. I use it with olive oil as a salad dressing.
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    raw apple cider vinegar( with the mother) has been used for 1000 years as a medicinal
    for some people is very effective as a digestion aid it can help balance your ph
    and help you maintain a active metabolism
    never drink it undiluted
    and never white vinegar
    i use bragg and you can visit there web site here and read about the benefits

http://bragg.com/products/acv.html?gclid=CJWw7p--nLECFURfTAodbxY8eA

this is the one i use too :smile:
  • Scalesareforthefishes
    Scalesareforthefishes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh I have a very healthy diet and I exercise everyday :laugh:
    I just thought it could help me lose 5 vanity pounds.
    I'm only xx amount of pounds so I'm not overweight or anything looking to loose a huge amount of weight
  • Scalesareforthefishes
    Scalesareforthefishes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    raw apple cider vinegar( with the mother) has been used for 1000 years as a medicinal
    for some people is very effective as a digestion aid it can help balance your ph
    and help you maintain a active metabolism
    never drink it undiluted
    and never white vinegar
    i use bragg and you can visit there web site here and read about the benefits

http://bragg.com/products/acv.html?gclid=CJWw7p--nLECFURfTAodbxY8eA

That's the one I use! :D
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Cider vinegar is only about as acidic as Coca Cola, so two tablespoons of the stuff is not going to burn your head off.

If it makes you feel great and it helps you get rid of water retention, I see no reason to stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar#Potential_hazards

Esophageal injury by apple cider vinegar tablets has been reported, and, because vinegar products sold for medicinal purposes are neither regulated nor standardized, they vary widely in content, pH, and other respects.[4] Long-term heavy vinegar ingestion may also cause hypokalemia, hyperreninemia, and osteoporosis.
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drink Bragg's ACV dilated with a little apple juice and water. (or you can follow Tone It Up's Meta-D recipe). I noticed a huge difference in my belly's definition (water retention) and I believe it helps with my skin conditions. I sort of stopped and did notice how it benefited, so I'm going back to doing it.
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar is good for you, whether or not it helps with weight loss. Like I said, use it to make your own homemade salad dressing and you can't go wrong!

I do not understand why anyone would drink it straight when they could just cook with it though. Use it for dressing, sprinkle a little on cooked veggies or rice, whatever. Spoonfuls of straight vinegar though? I dunno if I'd bother when you can just use it as a regular food.

Check out this article on webMD, it's probably going to answer your question better than anyone here possibly could.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I went through a couple bottles of Braggs, doing a small shot once or twice a day. I really believe fermented foods are good for you. But I didn't notice much of anything. I don't think I have issues with blood sugar, though, so that might be part of it.

That Braggs is WAY more acidic than Coke. I shot it straight but it was harsh.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i bet if you drink enough of it, you will loose five pounds in the bathroom. In a horrific BM.

That's worth it right there. Nothing beats pooping on the clock at work!
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    i bet if you drink enough of it, you will loose five pounds in the bathroom. In a horrific BM.

lol
  • pamwil88
    pamwil88 Posts: 24
    Options
    I read on Dr. Oz website that if you drink it with grapefruit juice it does help with weight loss.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I heard it helps you lower your cholesterol so I would be curious to know if it lowered yours.

I lowered mine for 181 to 162 after taking it everyday for 2 months. I also lost some weight (not sure if it was from the ACV) and it also made my stomach look somewhat flatter (got rid if water).

I mixed mine with bee pollen and cinnamon too.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I read it rids cellulite so I bought some! (:
    :huh:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    what really helped me was some good old fashioned badger milk...it was somewhat clumpy, but it really brought out The Animal in me \m/
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

word
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    what really helped me was some good old fashioned badger milk...it was somewhat clumpy, but it really brought out The Animal in me \m/

gets even more clumpy when mixed with the vinegar...
  • Dallazkatt
    Options
    I drank the apple cider you get from GNC for about three months. I usually took 2 tablespoons once in the morning with apple juice. It did not help me lose any weight and I couldn't really tell that it helped me with digestive issues since I didn't have any when I began drinking the cider. If it helped me in other areas I do not know.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options

If you milk the badgers yourself, you get your workout in as well. Also, you can be more assured that you're drinking hormone-free organic badger milk.

Win-win-win!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    ive read that black pepper is a proven fat reducer is that true

but the best way tolose weight is a little georgie lovin email me for details lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    The only reason why this works is because it has high concentration of potassium. You could just eat more bananas or sweet potatoes or orange juice. But if you like the stuff, by all means, keep drinking it.