MOTIVATION...

CANNOT seem to get going/get started... have been the stereotypical girl that gains weight as soon as she's in a relationship... feeling lower than low about myself... what did it for you when you were feeling this way?...

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    I bucked up and just got started.
    People can offer you encouragement and inspiration but true motivation is all internal.
    We either have that drive or need to find a way to ignite it.

To light that fire, be honest, and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit? Discover the real answer, and attach great pleasure to that as you set your goals.
    Feel and experience that joy when you think of being healthy and fit.

And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Connect with that reason burning pain that you can really feel every time you think about being fat.

This is the key to internal motivation.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail in their efforts over and over.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll touch off a powder keg of determination and drive.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Motivation has to come from within you. Outside sources will not create it for you.

All I would say, is that once you start, it creates momentum, but you need to start and keep going.
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 74 Member
    For me it really clicked when I was on vacation and couldn't do all of the things I wanted to because of my poor fitness level. It was that light bulb moment where I realized that weight & health was dragging down my quality of life and decided that enough was enough.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    I'm keeping my weightloss adventure a secret until I actual get somewhere. You just have to decide one morning, I'm done being overweight and I'm going to do something about it. I just got fed up with being the fat one. I used to be the skinny one. I don't like that feeling.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    People can offer you encouragement and inspiration but true motivation is all internal.

Why do I want to be healthy and fit? Discover the real answer, and attach great pleasure to that as you set your goals.

Connect with that reason burning pain that you can really feel every time you think about being fat.

Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail in their efforts over and over.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll touch off a powder keg of determination and drive.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!

^ I love it :) good info Bobby and I asked myself "how bad do u want it, I want it real bad) that keeps me motivated because no one else can do it for me!
  • dzvinka82
    dzvinka82 Posts: 33
    I was the same way...I was gaining weight, and frustrated with the number on the scale going up.

I got motivated from a number of things
    1. I became completely disgusted with the number on the scale
    2. My pants weren't fitting anymore, and didnt want to have to go out and buy all new pants (and having them be a bigger size!)
    3. I looked at my bank statements and noticed how much I was wasting just on eating out.

Eventually you will reach a point where you just can't accept your bad habits anymore!

Good luck!
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Pretend you're getting ready to get back 'On the Market'. I'm in the same boat and I had to get 'selfish' again with myself and buy the right foods and get walking again. If my boyfriend and daughter don't want to my healthy stuff.... oh well.....
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member

All Is Possible!

^ I love it :) good info Bobby and I asked myself "how bad do u want it, I want it real bad) that keeps me motivated because no one else can do it for me!
    I had to hate being fat and long for peak fitness, and when I reached my goals, it was WELL WORTH IT!
    I'll never go back to being a fat man.
  • Thank you, everyone. I AM actually at THAT point. Clothes don't fit, checked the bank statement, feel bad, and now have seen the pics. Still, I'm really challenged. Goal is back to gym tonight and start with increasing my water intake again. Baby steps. I've done this before. I wish I'd never start doing it. Doing is easy. Starting is hard...
  • I meant wish I'd never stopped doing... (but you probably knew that) :smile: