Is your significant other 'on board'???

Options

Replies

• weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    .....I informed my husband that I would no longer be cooking to his tastes.....

Both my wife and I cook, maybe he'd be more on board with some of this stuff if he cooked some too. Our deal is the person that doesn't cook has to clean up, since it is more fun to make the mess, we both volunteer more.

If he wants something more "manly"

Grilling the steak makes a pretty healthy protein.
    Kebabs are great veg and meat
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    I am SO happy that most everyone has someone they can count on to be supportive in the home. It really helps..and guess what? Hubby said he would join MFP tonight and start watching what he eats with me!!! YAY!!!! Together he and I can do anything...oh yeah, Fashion Bug and Woman Within you can kiss my ...
    CREDIT CARD goodbye!!
    Thanks guys! I always know where to come for laughter and good ideas!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My wife is glad I'm doing it, but isn't all that supportive at the same time. Oh well.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes hubby is on board, also on MFP

This is my wife and we r doing this together. I'm helping her work out and she is helping me eat right
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My partner is on MFP and I support her efforts to lose weight and get fit. However I'm here to gain weight and get fit, so our goals are not the same.

If she suggested a no meat Monday, I'd say "sure you do that if you want, but I'm not into that" to be honest.
  • Scandalist
    Scandalist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    He's notice a change in my body and likes it, but he's not very supportive and he's not doing much of anything to better himself.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    She's below deck. Eating a taco.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My husband says I'm doing great--but is not going to participate himself. Sometimes, it's really difficult because he almost criticizes me when I don't want to eat at places that don't have healthy alternatives or I go to more than one class at the gym per day.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm single so check it ladies, my Brett awesomeness.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Yes, my wife is a quiet lurker who has forbidden me to comment on her news feed.
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My hubby has recently started making healther choices after seeing me do it...he has not added in exercise and had lost more weight than I have in half the time I am just a teensy...ok a lot jealous....but happy for him.
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My wife and I support each other in both our eating habits and fitness goals. Works out great.
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    He's indifferent.
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    I was getting ready to head out to see my trainer this morning while the boyfriend was deep frying jalapeno poppers.

He's so far off board, he's pretty much under it. lol
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Wife is very supportive she is on here as well.

She makes all of our dinners and inputs them into meals so that I can just copy from her diary - Although I think this is the better choice for her instead of me nagging her incessantly over and over about how many calories are in what and what she put in what ...

She is a class act.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Not only is he on board, he's on MFP and sometimes on the boards..so I have to behave.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Yes hubby is on board, also on MFP

This :happy:
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yes. He supports and encourages me with my fitness goals and has been complimentary about my new shape. He is also on MFP and doing well.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    My live-in bf is supportive of what I am doing. I'm trying to get him to do it with me... he prefers to smoke pot and play video games.

:)

I'm sure though, once I start losing a lot he'll feel motivated. He has a bit of a beer belly and he knows it.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    No one in this house is dieting/changing eating habits but me. I have to force myself to resist the soda, hotdogs, chocolate cake, peanut butter, cookies, etc that are constantly in the house because just because I "want to be healthier doesn't mean everyone else has to deprive themselves of what they want."

Also there's the fact that brother is actually trying to gain weight/muscle so he's pretty much doing/eating the complete opposite of what I am.