Fat,Sick and Nearly Dead

Options
13»

Replies

• LizbithB
    LizbithB Posts: 15
    Options
    My husband and I juiced for a while and it was great. Husband lost about 20 lbs and I lost 10 lbs on it but the best news is that our cholesterol and blood pressure is now normal. We only did two green juices a day and had chicken or fish with veggies and healthy carbs like sweet potato. We did that for about six months and now we only do one a day and eat clean the rest of the day. You will have clean clear skin and your hair and nails will grow like crazy. We started out with a juicer but switched over to a vitamix blender because you wast pulp in a juicer and the blender smoothies are more filling with the pulp fiber. Some days I do a fresh v8 for breakfast in the blender with tomato, spinach, kale, celery, carrot,touch of fresh garlic, pinch of parsley, lemon and and a spash of tabasco. The green apple, kale, spinach, cucumber, carrot, ginger one is good, too.

My husband and I craved sweet and salty foods before we started our experiment with green juice but now we favor natural foods. We look for a salad with fruits, peppers and mushrooms in it instead of the fatty processed foods. We also go for the fruits or make homemade orange or peach sherbert in the vitamix instead of ice cream and cakes. It totally reset out taste for the good stuff and walking away from a table of meats and sweets is easier. Hope this helped... :)
  • extremegrunt
    Options
    Well I will say this, I have lost about 12 pounds since starting this diet and that was on day 4 and I am now on day 5. Im going for 30 days and hopefully can complete 60. I have noticed that it has triggered something different in me. I thought I would be starving all the time but im not at all. I have found that I am never hungry. I think it is because all the processed foods we eat on a regular basis lack so many nutrients that is why i was hungry all the time eating that crap. Now Im living on juice that I make myself with my juicer never get weird starvation feelings like with other diets I have done. I really like it and plan on sticking it out. Im sure its different for everybody as everything and could possibly be dangerous even for some people. Either way as long as we all give love and support to those around us that are trying to better there lives. Instead of criticize each other we will all do great and be much happier. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! I WISH YOU ALL WELL!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Why not just try fasting from eating too many calories. Sounds like a pretty solid plan to me.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I liked that infomercial. Could have just eaten less with a sustainable approach incorporating protein to preserve muscle, but whatever. Medically-supervised uber-deficit for very obese obviously can reduce weight fast.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I watched it recently. Good for him. I'd probably kill someone after 3 days or so. What an absolutely miserable way to live - not for me at all.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    After I watched it, I was all gung-ho to spend $300 on a juicer... Then I realized how much it would cost to keep up on that much produce, a small fortune.
    As a college student, I settled with a "Good for that guy", and moved on with my life trying to eat as healthy as possible on a budget.