Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Runners....clothes?

Just wondering what kind of clothes everyone runs in? Kinda weird question, but our local sore has buy one get one free on their exercise clothes and I'm wondering if I should buy for summer or fall/winter?

Currently I have 3 summer running outfits and 2 spring/fall outfits (i.e. 2 pair of capris with same running tops). Do you suggest another pair of capris, a pair of long pants, or another summer outfit when I go shopping tomorrow?

Replies

• Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    I'm partial to the C9 activewear I get at Target.

Here's a link to the ladies stuff - http://www.target.com/sb/premium-ways-to-shop/-/N-56ep8Z5xwdrZ5tn8b#?lnk=Story_wactive_0715_X3Y0|X3Y0&intc=508074|null
  • definitally get some more running clothes! I have a huge selection of workout clothes in my closet. I have three pairs of capris, four pairs of shorts, and six shirts. Its nice to have a large selection, and besides everyone loves a great sale!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 342 Member
    Ooh, I wanna go shopping with you! I have a really tough time finding affordable running gear at stores around here. I have had to get some of my stuff online. I actually just ordered a running jacket and a long sleeved wind shirt a couple of days ago. I'm prepping for colder weather running--it's really right around the corner.

On another note, (sorry to hijack your thread) does anyone have suggestions for a good moisture wicking sports bra?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I have 3 pairs of running shorts, about 5 pairs of capris, endless amounts of tops.

Go to TJ Maxx. they have a really good selection of workout clothes and they are cheap!

I just got some uber cute sports bras there and I can't wait to go running in them!
  • Shopko has had sales on their Adidas/Nike/Energy Zone stuff recently - I love Adidas blitz shorts and their perfect rib tanks! I like the Champion shiny seamless sports bras but they're kinda pricey... I tend to find them cheaper online.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I prefer running skirts to shorts, and V-neck tops to crew neck... I also prefer the polyester blend anti-sweat fabric to cotton - no brand preference really, just whatever catches my eye and is on sale! When I do buy shorts, I like them to have the built in undies.

I get a lot of stuff at Kohl's because they have great sales, clearances and offer regular discounts of up to 30% on ANYTHING in the store!

www.kohls.com
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Just wondering what kind of clothes everyone runs in? Kinda weird question, but our local sore has buy one get one free on their exercise clothes and I'm wondering if I should buy for summer or fall/winter?

Currently I have 3 summer running outfits and 2 spring/fall outfits (i.e. 2 pair of capris with same running tops). Do you suggest another pair of capris, a pair of long pants, or another summer outfit when I go shopping tomorrow?

I wear capris through the summer until it gets very cold, when I transition to cold weather nike running tights. The cold weather tights, though, are VERY warm even though they look a lot like simple spandex pants. I could not wear them in the fall and certainly not in the summer. You can get a lot out of your running wardrobe by getting layering pieces in moisture wicking fabrics. I wear tank tops in the summer, and short sleeve dry tshirts a good portion of the year, and then add light long sleeves as it gets cooler. I guess what I'm saying is the capris and short sleeved shirts are the MVPs of my running wardrobe, as I wear them most of the year.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Shopko has had sales on their Adidas/Nike/Energy Zone stuff recently - I love Adidas blitz shorts and their perfect rib tanks! I like the Champion shiny seamless sports bras but they're kinda pricey... I tend to find them cheaper online.

Yep, Shopko is where I'm going shopping. They have their EZ stuff BOGO free and Adidas stuff BOGO 50% off.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I buy a lot of my stuff at TJ Maxx/Marshall's, and I've noticed the clearance section still has some winter tights and long sleeve tops in it - might find some great deals for the coming colder season. And it won't be long before they'll start getting the new season's stuff in, which means the summer stuff will start going to markdown while it's still plenty hot to wear it - at least in my neck of the woods. :tongue:

I just started running in January of this year, and through the entire spring I did a lot of experimenting with what works and what doesn't, what I like and what I don't like. Someone else mentioned the short sleeved or sleeveless tops working year round because you can layer them with a looser, long sleeve top - one of my favorite things. Especially the ones with a half zip so you can open it to let heat out as you warm up on a chilly day.

For summer, I wear the Champion spandex shorty shorts from Target (not the official name Ha!) - they aren't skin tight, but they fit just right and don't bunch up. I also have some that are like bike shorts length, then capris, and tights. Target has my favorite Champion compression bras too - watch for those to go on sale.

When all my stuff is clean it doesn't fit in my workout gear drawer. :laugh: I am a gear junkie - my kid always groans because I can't walk past any workout stuff in any store without stopping to see what's on sale. I need to clean out my drawer again, stick with my favorites, and weed out items that are now too big, because adding running to my workouts has been fabulous! :bigsmile:
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 295 Member
    I wear running skirts and tanks right now.
    I have some capris for when the weather cools off.

I CANNOT run in those little shorts- Im still fat and would scare the neighborhood!
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    I just started c25k and I bought some Danskin Now Bermuda shorts and tank tops from Walmart. I am really happy with them and need to get more.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    I'm cheap. Academy sports has a line named BCG and they are uber cheap and durable, so of course I get that. I shop at Marshall's alot for cheap under armour.

If I do splurge, it's on the Nike dri-fit stuff. I only buy it at outlet or clearance, though.

since I live in south texas, I run in sleeveless or tanks and shorts. not running shorts though.
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Old Navy's moisture wicking pants and Academy's BCG moisture wicking sports bras and t-shirts (I have to shop in the mens section for shirts because women's XL run small and look terrible on me). They need to be fitted and fresh, I hate any material that feels hot!
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Because my body-shape has changed so much since I've started running, I've been popping into good will regularly to update my running clothes (it's sooooo much cheaper than having a whole NEW outfit each time).

It CAN be a little hit and miss, but I've picked up so many tops and shorts for running that I've always got something to wear.

The only thing I don't scrimp on is my shoes. I need good shoes. :)
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    I have been a runner for a long time. I don't just stick to one brand normally but I do pay attention to what the fabric does. I have several different style of running shorts...compression, capri, boy short, basketball and "running" shorts (mesh lining). I used several different style tops/tanks for summer and always wear a sports bra...half the time I have to take off the top during the run cause I am sweating so much that I have to cool of or wipe of the excess sweat....doesn't matter if it says moisture wicking or not...I sweat a LOT!
    Winter...I have several different running pants. I run where we get the white dander that falls from the sky...and DON'T say it or write it or else I will send you to the corner: ONE MINUTE FOR EVERY YEAR OF YOUR AGE!!!
    So because of that I also have thermal running pants...those are not cheap by any means but I wanted the thin material that still provided a lot of warmth! So if you can get those babies on sale do. I love the ones that zip up at the ankle.
    I also have under armour shirts to wear under my long sleeve running shirts with hoodies (that way I don't have to wear a coat) while running. I still have plenty of movement without feeling like the kid from Christmas Story in his snow suit.
    I hope this helps you as well.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    I mix and match all my running clothes, so no "outfits" for me... I probably have ~ 7 bottoms and 15 tees plus 3 lightweight jackets, and a variety of hats/visors for sun protection. I live in CA so 30-40 is "cold".

Bottoms: I have a variety of black capri tights that I wear for all but the coldest days, when I turn to the full-length tights (2 pair). I rarely wear shorts as my thighs touch & the fabric tends to bunch. LOTS of tech socks, I buy multiple of the same type so that I can mix-and-match folding & don't worry when I lose one or it gets a hole.

Tops: short sleeve tech tees, when it gets cold I layer a long-sleeve tech tee or lightweight jacket/fleece over the top. I really like the jackets that have long arms w./ thumbholes so that you can tuck your hands inside instead of wearing gloves (keeps me comfortable down to 20 deg as I have tested when properly layered and travelling in colder places). I have 1 Underarmour mockneck cold weather top that doubles for ski layering or super cold running layers when travelling. I do find ear warmers necessary in colder climates <45 deg.

And of course 5-7 heavy-duty sports bras to keep the girls under wraps! I go as cheap as possible on all items...except bras, socks, and shoes - for these I spend as much as needed for the right fit/function. Otherwise I don't care whether I'm cute or matching.

I never wear sleeveless b/c I worry about the sun exposure - I load on the sunscreen but worry how well it sticks for 2+ hours sweating under the sun.