GM cleanse

Options
Thinking about doing this cleanse. Has anyone on here tried it? How'd you do on it?

Replies

• emcmullen20
    emcmullen20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 5 of it and i'm down 8 pounds from when i started. It can be rough the first couple of days but by Day 4 it's smooth sailing. It is by no means a long term diet. But I did it as a healthy eating kick off to flush out all of the toxins and help my cravings. i can honestly say I am no longer craving sweets or grease.

The only thing I am craving is seafood because it's such a low sodium diet.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Well, the OP hasn't logged in for 10 months (thread is from 2012), but for anyone else wandering in here who's curious about cleanses: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Honestly, any kind of cleanse or detox doesn't actually help you physically. Some of them can even be harmful. Your body does just fine with cleansing and detoxing itself unless you have certain medical conditions where some organs don't work right. It's also a good way to demonize foods, which really doesn't help you long-term. There are no bad foods, just bad amounts of them.

However, with that being said, I understand that for some people there's a psychological element for cleansing or detoxing that helps them, usually used as a kick-start to whatever they're planning on doing. My suggestion is that before you start something, ask your doctor about it. They can give you advice on keeping healthy while doing so. I personally wouldn't worry about it, but if you feel you need to try it, then just keep an eye on your macros and make sure you're getting the nutrition you body needs.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 5 of it and i'm down 8 pounds from when i started. It can be rough the first couple of days but by Day 4 it's smooth sailing. It is by no means a long term diet. But I did it as a healthy eating kick off to flush out all of the toxins and help my cravings. i can honestly say I am no longer craving sweets or grease.

The only thing I am craving is seafood because it's such a low sodium diet.

Name one toxin. Hint- there are none.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Well, the OP hasn't logged in for 10 months (thread is from 2012), but for anyone else wandering in here who's curious about cleanses: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1

I'm impressed someone used the search function.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I'm impressed someone used the search function.

Well, that's true enough! :drinker:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How can this take so many days?

car-wash.jpg
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    That reminds me, I have to take my Silverado in for an oil change soon. Hopefully they will be able to flush out all of the toxins.