Women's One-A-Day Active Metabolism

Options
Has anyone tried this and had any (good or bad) side effects?

I've ready reviews on it causing nausea, but in my experience, you must eat right before taking the pill.

Replies

• OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I can't take any one-a-day vitamins.... they all make me nauseous.
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    They make me nauseous even if I eat right before. But usually it goes away within 20 minutes or so.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yes it made me sick too.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can't take any pills on an empty stomach or I feel sick, but I take them right after breakfast and I feel fine.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I started taking them this morning with a protein shake and had no problem with nausea. I know if I didn't have that shake, though, it would have been bad...
  • ShadowChaser16
    Options
    If it makes you sick it's probably because it has a high iron content. The one I take has 100 percent which is hard on your stomach. I throw up if I take it in the morning so I wait until the end of the day.
  • rockchalk03
    Options
    It made me very nauseous, even if I ate something with it.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I take it daily and never had any problems. Sometimes i take it with breakfast, after or before.
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    Oh, Dr. Oz says it's best to take 1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 pill in the evening
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's what I take...but I usually always make sure I take it after I've just eaten! It does tend to make me nauseous if I don't eat, or if I work out right after I take it even if I've eaten!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It's just a caffeine pill.
    In fact most diet pills are just caffeine pills, so know that going in.
    Some contain acai berry, algae, gava root and a host of other exotic sounding ingredients, but the one thing they all have in common is lots and lots of caffeine.
    What a coincidence!:laugh:
    Here's the real deal. There are no shortcuts. There is no magic pill. If you take caffeine, you'll see some results until your body down regulates the effects, and then you must increase the dosage. And on and on...
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    And feel free to try it for yourself. Maybe your experience will be different.
    Good Luck :drinker:
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I took it religiously last year when I initially lost almost a hundred pounds because I have a horrid metabolism. And yes I am also one of them people that have to eat with it reguardless of when I take it or any pill for that matter. the only side effect aside from a little stomach upset is if I take it to late I have trouble sleeping.

Coincidently I bought a box last night and just started them again today. So I'll updatre you if I notice anything else! :)
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    Some contain acai berry, algae, gava root and a host of other exotic sounding ingredients, but the one thing they all have in common is lots and lots of caffeine.
    Here's the real deal. There are no shortcuts. There is no magic pill. If you take caffeine, you'll see some results until your body down regulates the effects, and then you must increase the dosage. And on and on...

It's vitamins! Not a diet pill
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options

It contains caffeine - FACT!
    And yes, like all caffeine pills, it contains a bunch of other stuff - who cares?.
    It's a caffeine pill before anything else.
    Don't kid yourself.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

And yes, like all caffeine pills, it contains a bunch of other stuff - who cares?.
    Don't kid yourself.

He is absolutely correct.

From the One-A-Day website............

Does this product contain caffeine?

Yes, One A Day Women’s Active Metabolism contains caffeine and Guarana, a natural source of caffeine. Each serving contains about as much caffeine as one cup of coffee.

http://www.oneaday.com/faqs.html
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options

Don't kid yourself.

He is absolutely correct.

From the One-A-Day website............

Does this product contain caffeine?

Yes, One A Day Women’s Active Metabolism contains caffeine and Guarana, a natural source of caffeine. Each serving contains about as much caffeine as one cup of coffee.

http://www.oneaday.com/faqs.html
    People are fast to jump on any bandwagon that looks like the softer, easier way.
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have to have a very carb-y meal before I take it otherwise I get sick.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Vitamins are great to help you get, well, vitamins. There is nothing that will help you lose weight in that vitamin though.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    They made me extremely gassy and very uncomfortable, so I stopped taking them.