NSV - I just did my first triathlon! (with pictures)

Options
2»

Replies

• iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! :)) This is great inspiration!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    As someone who considers herself no kind of athlete at all, this is very inspiring for me. And you look great, as well as really happy! Congrats! :drinker:

Thank you! I can't even tell you how excited I was when I went through that finish line, it was amazing.
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Very nice... I have to warn you though.. tri's are addicting. I hope you had a great experience.
  • ipsamet
    Options
    Very nice... I have to warn you though.. tri's are addicting. I hope you had a great experience.

Haha, I'm already planning my next one for September :) I had SO MUCH FUN!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is really cool!!! You're a rock star!

I have to say, your pics have great energy and confidence in them. Very impressive.

Well, welcome to The Dark Side. Yes, triathlon is addictive. HIGHLY addictive. Physically, emotionally, (monetarily...), it's easy to just let it take over. Yes, triathlon is fun fun fun FUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! And, yes, one of the really cool aspects of the sport is that when you've done one, you are officially a tri ATHLETE! Like you, until I did my first, "athlete" was never a word I would have used on myself. I'm still a heavy triathlete, and I'm still a slow triathlete, but I'm a TRIATHLETE! And so are you.

This is so cool. Congratulations!!!

TriJoe.
  • ipsamet
    Options
    And, yes, one of the really cool aspects of the sport is that when you've done one, you are officially a tri ATHLETE! Like you, until I did my first, "athlete" was never a word I would have used on myself. I'm still a heavy triathlete, and I'm still a slow triathlete, but I'm a TRIATHLETE! And so are you.

Yes! Exactly - for some reason, even though I have done a few running races before, this was the first time "athlete" as really clicked for me ! And I am totally hooked! Looking for my next one already.
  • petmonkey22
    Options
    Congrats. Get your checkbook ready!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You should be so proud of yourself... that's a great accomplishment!:happy:
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!! You should feel very, very proud! :)
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! It looks like you have done a FANTASTIC job! Congratulations! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!