NSV - Mud Run = Complete!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
Today I completed the Merrell Down & Dirty 5k Mud Run in Philly. I didn’t finish in as good a time as I was hoping. Partially due to not being able to run as much as I would have liked leading up to the race due to a couple of minor injuries but mostly due to be the course being much harder than I expected and it was HOT! No excuses, the time really doesn’t matter – I DID IT!

Throughout the race I was doing a lot of walking and at one point I was little frustrated that I couldn’t run the whole thing. Then, as I was walking down one of the hills and I was just thinking about how amazing it was that I was even doing this at all. This time last year I was just getting started on my fitness journey and I was happy to be just walking a mile or 2 and now I’m participating in a 5k obstacle course. Wow! Pretty awesome, right?

100_1050-1.jpg

Moral of the story: No matter what you’re doing, do it! It definitely beats sitting on the couch. Always challenge yourself but your success doesn’t have to be measured by the clock. Unless you’re measuring the time that you’re not sitting on the couch watching TV.

Do that work people! Do you!
100_1056.jpg

Clean Beef
100_1038.jpg

Replies

• jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    Yay Beef!!! You did amazing! You should definitely be very proud of yourself, so much that you are smiling non stop and hugging yourself when people aren't looking!! Go you!! And hug yourself for me :):):)
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I just adore you - that is AWEsome! I am SO so SO so SoOOooOOooo proud of you!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    OH you are so awesome beef! Be proud of yourself, as one of your mfp friends im super proud of you!! What an accomplishment :D
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Thank you! I love my MFP buddies! :drinker:
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Woot...good job!!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • niseynisey
    niseynisey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! :D
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! I have my first one in October is a 12km Course! I am sooooooooo EXCITED!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! I have my first one in October is a 12km Course! I am sooooooooo EXCITED!

Wow! 12k?!?!?! Go you!!
  • jimc2334
    jimc2334 Posts: 15
    Options
    Awesome work my friend!! Truly an inspiration to all of us!! Keep doing what you do best!!!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Great job...I did my first one back in April. Really fantastic accomplishment. Enjoy it and think even bigger. You got this!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    you look like you had fun AND you were exercising at the same time - fantastic!
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    YOU sir, are my HERO!!
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! Congrats! :)
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    That looks fun ! Congrats!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Thanks everyone! If you like to work hard and play in mud you will have fun. It was, by far, my hardest workout of all time. :-)
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congrats, what a great feeling of accomplishment!! I did my first ever 5K Warrior Dash in May and it was an amazing feeling. I think my time was 1:03 which wasn't great but hey, I finished!!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Congrats, what a great feeling of accomplishment!! I did my first ever 5K Warrior Dash in May and it was an amazing feeling. I think my time was 1:03 which wasn't great but hey, I finished!!

Thanks Joyce! My time was either 53, 58, or 47, lol. They had some timing issues but yeah, I'm with you - I finished!!

On to the next one!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Awesome awesome awesome!!!! Congratulations what a great motivation.
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome... I'm sending a request.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Proud of you! great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!