45 minute 5k

Options
13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There will likely be others that take that long or longer. Even if you are the last person in, I doubt it will be by much.
  • kerchki
    kerchki Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Go for it, and remember you are only competing against yourself. And if you finish it then you've already beaten your best race time! I will say that my 3rd 5K, didn't have many people in it and the walkers seemed to choose the 1 mile option, so there were no walkers. I came in second to last, but my time (34 minutes) was faster than my previous time by 5 minutes so I didn't care about the other runners. And there were still plenty of people at the finish line cheering when I crossed.

Now, I know that is the exception, in most 5Ks, there will be plenty of people finishing after 45 minutes, but I say that to say even if your nightmare comes true and you are last, it's still a great feeling to run it and finish!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!! You can do anything you set your mind to! Have faith in yourself...set a goal time and try to reach it but if you dont then its ok ....at least you took the challenge on! Also I would follow the others input by getting some jogging outside too...it is more of a workout for sure and also ...I wouldnt count your warm up or cool down....they wont be counting that in for the 5K time :) Good luck!!
  • gdphilippe
    gdphilippe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first 5K this morning and I was in right at about 45 mins. I wasn't the last, but I was near the end...whatevs! I still did it.
    I will say that jogging outside is absolutely different from the treadmill I'm used to. It was way harder on the pavement. Lessons learned, I guess.

I'd recommend that you try a little bit of outside practice before the event!