How Often Do You Weigh In?

Options

Replies

• CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    every morning butt naked. only way to truly tell specifically what is or isn't affecting your weight as you know exactly what you ate and did the previous day. works extremely well.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I'm weighing in about once a month. But, I do sneak on the scale every couple days just to see how I'm doing.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Poop, shower, scale:)
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies. I am going to try not to let it get me down. I think I will weight myself tomorrow morning and then try to resist for a week. Maybe seeing a more substantial loss a week later will give me a good boost.
  • karina530
    karina530 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    All the dam time:/ I hate the scale......hahaha
  • dylsmom99
    dylsmom99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    twice a month,,,, 15th and 3oth,,,, i was addicted to scale,, got one 5 times a day,,, was getting way too disgruntled and ready to give up.... now i just work extra hard to shock myself on the given date,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • fitfunnygal
    Options
    I weight every day! Helps keep me motivated! I know I shouldn't, they all say it's not good, but it works for me.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but I really should not. Soooo disheartening to see the number go UP instead of down..

Brian
  • fitfunnygal
    Options
    Just do it one time a day, in the morning before you eat or drink anything. That way you know what you've really lost from the day before. :) Try it for a week see how it goes, if it works great if not then try something else. :)
  • jmf58
    jmf58 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh in every morning; it keeps me focused. I don't log a loss until I've been the same weight for 3 days running.If I have a gain, I go back on a lower carb count until I get the same weight again, then I ease back into the regimen. I give myself a break about once a week, to eat something I really am craving - ONLY a TBSP. or a sliver. i find I can sneak that in with no harmful results on the scale. And I don't miss the larger portion of the 'treat', I'm trying to teach myself a new way to indulge.
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh but once a month. I have my husband hide the scale. If I could stand it id throw it away.
  • johnsnowe
    johnsnowe Posts: 7
    Options
    I weigh myself 2-3 times per day. I log my first weight each day. I also weigh myself when I get home from work and just before I go to bed. I can usually tell how well-hydrated I am by a quick weigh-in.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    when I shop @ Publix..lol Dang a scale. I don't even want one in the house.
  • angelina07071975
    Options
    I keep my scale at the back of my closet do it takes an effort to get it out. I weigh every Friday. I find I get better results that way. Good luck! You can do it!
  • insightdean
    Options
    One time per week. Either Saturday, Sunday or Monday. If I weigh in any other time for some reason or another, I do not record it. Sometimes I skip a week and weigh in every two weeks.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Right now I only weigh my self first thing in the morning and record it once a week. My weight fluctuates by a few pounds during the day.
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Once a day, after showering and before food\drink.
    And i log it only when it is lower ;)

I weigh multiple times a day because I like to see the fluctuations in water weight and such based on what I'm putting in. During the summer, I workout before showering. I weigh between the bathroom and the workout and again after my shower. My weight always the same as or lower after working out than before even if I eat and finish my 16 oz of water before the shower and even though I have a lot of hair (that holds a lot of water) and I don't dry it first. I also only log my weight when it's lower.
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed to but I know it's not good how often I do it!
  • stageon
    stageon Posts: 11
    Options
    Once a week; Friday morning before breakfast. A few times I've weighed in Thursday night before bed but that's the exception. I figure a week is long enough to account for hourly & daily fluctuations due to hydration, meals just eaten, etc. And I try not to get upset if that week isn't as good as I thought or hoped it would be. Usually it evens out and the next week I'll see it swing a little the other way, in my favor.

It seems like lots of people have different systems that work for them, which is fine. The main thing isn't what the scale says over some short time interval, it's what it says over the weeks and months, as well as how you feel physically, mentally, and most importantly how your clothes fit! ;-)

OH and I put the scale away (actually my mom and I share one and we live very close) because if it was just sitting there on the bathroom floor all the time I'd definitely be on it multiple times a day, "just to peek".
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Probably way too much. More than once a week that's for sure. I have a tendency to get kind of obsessive about it if I'm not careful. Luckily I only have access to a good scale when I'm at home, but most of the time I'm at school so I'm not able to keep track of my weight nearly as well.