interview at little ceasars, is it a diet fail setup?

Options
i already work in a resturant where i can eat what i want and have to fight temptation every time, now i have a interview at little ceasars, at least at my job right now i can have a salad and a grilled chicken,, but there is NOTHING healthy at little ceasars i just started my "diet" 3 weeks ago, and i have to fight my will power everyday, and have had little cheats already,, is this a diet disaster setup.,,,, is my health more important that this fattening job??? HELP!!!!!!!!!! would others be able to resist pizza when its their fav~!

Replies

• gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I might for awhile but I know me. I would eventually talk myself into eating just one and then I would cave. And I don't think I could any better at your current job now. Good luck!
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think eventually, after working with the same menu, you'll be so sick of smelling pizza and wings that you'll stay way from it.
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager and a "bad" eater, I had a job at Burger King. I was a total fast food eater at the time. I'll tell you what, after 2 days of working there I could barely choke down a plain grilled chicken sandwich (the only thing that seemed halfway appealing) and just thinking about a Whopper brought through my gag reflex.

I didn't have the same experience when I worked at an ice cream shop, but you don't really smell ice cream like you do food that is cooking.

Everyone is different, but for me, smelling and being around the same food all day made me not want to eat it. Kind of like when you spend a lot of time preparing a nice dinner and it doesn't taste as great because you smelled it so long.

If you do find it a big temptation, keep snacks in the employee fridge that are good for you and fill up on good protein and veg so you can combat the cravings.

Good luck!
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    not necessarily. I waitressed at a fish and chips place and still can't choke it down.
    edited to add: that was about 10 years ago.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I work currently in fast food and after the first week I wouldnt eat one bite of that food ;)
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I recently bought my family Little Caesar pizza. 250 calories a slice. I had a health choice dinner and a salad, while they had their pizza. Just bring something healthy to eat if you get the job and don't give in to the fatty temptation!
  • KateHill1981
    KateHill1981 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been working at a pizza place for a year and a half and everyday that pizza smells and looks as delicious as the first day. It's really hard. I don't know if I will ever get tired of it.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    you can resists if it's not a diet.

you can;t resist on a diet.

if it's a diet in the sense that you're only gonna eat a certain way for a short amount of time, it might not be the place for you. if it's a diet in the sense that you can eat some pizza every now and again and it be okay and fits into your daily calories and doesn't send you into a moral/ethical/emotional wreck, then yes you may work there.

you're welcome :)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I think eventually, after working with the same menu, you'll be so sick of smelling pizza and wings that you'll stay way from it.

This!!

I had a friend who worked at McDonalds once years ago. I don't think he's touched a Big Mac since. It might be hard for a little while but too much exposure to anything will eventually destroy any desire you may have had to eat it. If you need the job get it.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i already work in a resturant where i can eat what i want and have to fight temptation every time, now i have a interview at little ceasars, at least at my job right now i can have a salad and a grilled chicken,, but there is NOTHING healthy at little ceasars i just started my "diet" 3 weeks ago, and i have to fight my will power everyday, and have had little cheats already,, is this a diet disaster setup.,,,, is my health more important that this fattening job??? HELP!!!!!!!!!! would others be able to resist pizza when its their fav~!

I didn't read the entire thread here but bring your lunch/meals. make them the night before and you're set! if you cave and eat there, remember, their hot n ready pizza's are under 300 cal per slice if I remember correctly and you can always opt for a cheese pizza only. OR perhaps they will let you make something with a very thin crust and veggies on top. You can make it work. Stay determined and on point as best as you can for the first couple weeks, it may get easier at that point to have just your packed meals. You can do it.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I work in a kitchen/salad bar. First it was a shock that people actually ate the food at work while working...and after a while of going with it I decided I just needed to stop...and I also was able to see how a lot of it was made and things like that...and I got turned off! The salad bar isn't as bad because a lot of it is fresh fruits and veggies but amazingly enough my co-workers have turned me off of buying or snacking on those pre-packaged items from my work place haha. I think once you get over the initial shock and then you are around it all the time you'll be sick of it quickly! Good Luck on your interview!
  • rhinowithonehorn
    Options
    yes
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    little c's is icky... if it was domino's or a fancy pizza i'd be SOL...lol
    hmmm.. could you also apply/interview and try for healthier restaurants.. say subway ? lol
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I work at a pizza hut, and eat the food fairly often. I just make sure I have the calories left for it, and if if I can't fit it in I pack lunch. usually a turkey sandwich and some yogurt....Something simple like that. It's hard, and it takes will power, but it's totally doable.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Omg, I love their hot and ready pepperoni pizzas. Yum yum yum.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Their pizza is garbage but I still say it's a setup.
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    you need to think of it as a lifestyle change, not a diet. that alone should help you!

i hate to say it but my job at a pizza place 6 years ago really got me going on putting on my weight :/

i'd say if you have to take it/really want to take it then go for it, but be prepared for some serious temptation.
  • 100lbstoloosefemale
    Options
    your post made a lot of sense, i think i would feel so guilty and like a failure everytime i took a bite, thankfully i never got the job
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Working at McDonalds is what got me here. It was my big downfall. But I also wasn't logging back then. I think I would have been fine working there if I had kept track of what I was eating on MFP