what do you see???

Options
when you look in the mirror? I still see me when I was a size xxl. does anyone else see what they use to be? or did you used to? what helps you see the new you?

Replies

• AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I catch a glimpse of my new normal...I usually see me at about 240, or 220. I am shocked by the size 10s and 12s I can wear. I am amazed at the things my body is doing for me...
  • Flass
    Flass Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    photos of yourself that other people have taken when you didn't realise they were taking them - these are a good indication. also photos of you standing next to other people so you have something to compare to.

or, lie on a big sheet of paper and have someone trace around you, then you can actually see how big you are. it freaked me out when i did that!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    some days I see the new me and some days I still see the overweight me. Its is a mind - *kitten* for sure
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Take pics of yourself
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    some days I see the new me and some days I still see the overweight me. Its is a mind - *kitten* for sure

right there with you. seeing the old you in the mirror is so frustrating
  • designsbybriana
    designsbybriana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm right where you are in weight loss and I originally had the issue when I used to go shopping I always picked the smaller clothes because I couldn't believe I needed a size 18.

Now that I'm about a 14 and thinner, when I look in the mirror it seems weird. It seems weird to have to go down in size instead of up and seeing my stomach thin out.

My friend who lost 56 lbs is having a lot of issues with this. She tells me every time she sees herself in the mirror she doesn't recognize herself and she still thinks of herself as heavier.

I don't know what to do to change that feeling.
  • chaverland77
    chaverland77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I now see the confident person I am inside that I've always been! "used" to be the girl that thought she could get away with wearing my swimsuit out in public and not caring what people thought but OMG when I saw pictures of myself I couldn't believe it!!!! My attitude and my self perception never went together. Crazy thing is that when I went shopping I would always pick out those clothes I thought would fit only to have to go and get a larger size. Pretty much that was the only time I would get really depressed!!!
  • Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wheni was pregnant with my first son I got up to my heavyest. I gained 55+ lbs, which put me over 230 . It took me 2 years to lose 70 lbs and once I was actually comfortable with what I saw ,i found out I was pregnant. That was very hard for me. I only gained 30lbs max this timeand it came off really fast , with eating healthy and breastfeeding. I saw a picture of myself that my grandma had taken and I was shocked. I had to go back and take another look. I actually looked okay with what I saw. it wasnt the fat me that I normally see in the mirror. I am slowly starting to get confidence back.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Half my photos in my iPhoto library are of an overweight and out of shape me. When I look in the mirror, I am not ashamed to indulge in a bit of vanity and think what a sexy beast I've become (by comparison, still haven't attained my ideal body yet!)
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Some days I see a BAMF othe days all I see is a loser
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am totally dealing with this right now, it is very confusing and painful at times!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I took a picture of myself today and I liked what I saw....i looked at the picture not less than 3 hours later and all I could see was the fat shapeless blobby me...

I don't understand why that happens...it's heartbreaking.
  • DarqueChocalitLover
    Options
    I still see me as a big person. I think that it will always be there regardless of my weight just because for so long I have been that person and now that I am changing that, I still and probably always will, see that person.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    When i look in the mirror i see a stranger, i dont know who that girl is but shes not me...
    i still feel like im the girl i was in high school. she was 130 pounds lighter and she was SEXY she was so pretty and so confident .. and i feel like i am her all day long until i look in the mirror then im like .. WHAT THE HELL thats NOT me!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    a good friend told me to put a post it on my mirror saying something inspirational like "you're beautiful" etc. I won't lie and say that every time I look in the mirror I feel amazing, because truth is I don't...but when I do glimpse at the post it note I remember what it says and I try to tell myself that I AM BEAUTIFUL because that is how I should feel. It doesn't work all the time..and it takes time to get used to the fact that you have to tell yourself that you are whatever adjective you speak of...but it honestly does help.