Anyone seriously considering plastic surgery?

Options

Replies

• laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I would definitely consider getting breast surgery, and probably microdermabrasion for stretchmarks. After getting pregnant young, my boobs ballooning - and I mean ballooning, a nice perky 34d (UK) to a massive 38G - and then shrinking down again, they are awful. Despite being a 34d again they aren't as perky, and they certainly aren't as filling of the bras as they once were. So once my weight loss is finished, I'll re-evaluat the size I want to be, just as long as they fill out nicely (nothing over the top) and they are perkier I'd be happy.

Microdermabrasion (although a non-surgical cosmetic procedure) is something I'd definitely get. My doctor has never sene stretchmarks as bad as mine, and almost 2 years on they look worse than some people who have just had babies. It's the only way they'll ever have the chance of fading and I don't want to be depressed over them forever.

Have you tried using a dermaroller? Evidence for its effectiveness is pretty much anecdotal, but it could prove to be a good treatment for stretchmarks. You can have it done professionally (I would but the only derms doing it here are using it on the face for anti-ageing benefits) but can also diy if you're so inclined. I'm going to start doing it when I can be bothered getting the roller out of its packaging.

As for the original question... gosh yes. I'm going to get so much done I'll look like the after picture of an autopsy. My goal is to lose and maintain the loss for a year to prove to myself that I'm capable of eating like a normal person and to give my body a chance to settle itself. I've no hopes of snapping back to a trim body given how much I've lost and gained and how saggy my skin has looked after dieting in the past, but I'm hopeful that a good diet and weight-bearing exercise will restore a little elasticity. I've also got (relative) youth on my side. After that the scalpel will be sorting things out. Also tempted to have my nose job revised. Maybe that will be an incentive present? My nose is ok, but it ended up looking a little too cute, ifykwim and I feel a little ridiculous sometimes.
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just had augmentation. I went from 34A (more like AAA) to a 34C. I can't tell you how glad I am that I did it. I was worried about how much time I would have to be out of the gym but I am really fit and I just hated the way my chest looked so I went for it. I was out for a total of two weeks. I am back in the gym just as hard as I was before. It was a little weird at first but only took a couple of days to get used to it. If you are thinking of doing it I highly recommend it. There aren't enough pushups in the world to do what surgery does and push up bras are aweful!
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am rescheduling my breast augmentation in August so I will probably have it done in October. I am a 34b cup right now, my surgery is costing about $8k. I'm getting Mentor High Profile silicone unders and a I am going up a few cup sizes. My surgeon is in Ft. Lauderdale and he is the only one who I trust.

I think you should get a breast lift as long as you are doing it for yourself. You should do alot of thorough research about the procedure to decide if it is truly what you want... the risks, the benefits... and how they pan out. The girls at JBI really helped me so that forum is a good starting place in my opinion.

I am also getting a rhinoplasty after my braces come off. I really trust both of my plastic surgeons even though they cost a little extra and both are out-of-state, I wouldn't have it any other way. It is really important to find a surgeon who you're comfy with, and who has a proven track record with amazing results... no matter the cost, consultations are important and most out-of-state surgeons will let you do an internet consultation.

You deserve it, you are a great mom for nursing your babies, and now it's time for you to reclaim your body :).
    It's your body, and if you are not 100% thrilled with it, then you have the right to change it!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I had done it. I had a lift and implants. I went from a sloppy negative A (after 3 kids) to a DD. I am glad I did it for the most part. It took me some time to actually like them. I hated sleeping with them. It made running hard. I had to get used to them and I am actually glad I gained weight as far as my chest is concerned. Gaining and losing weight made the skin stretch enough that they still look good but they don't feel like something is strapped to my chest.

My suggestion is if you're a sensitive person don't go too big all at once.
  • Candy_monster
    Options
    I'm definitly considering a boob job, I went from being a size 36B to nothing, I literally cant find a bra to fit me now as the AA ones still stick way further out than I do :S

Grahh, why cant the weight come from my thighs or something, maybe I'll just ask them to suck it from my legs and stick in in my chest :P
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction and lift after my last child and it was the best thing I have ever done....now saving for the $11,000 full tummy tuck and muscle repair that will be my gift to myself after getting to my goal weight.
  • alexandra0690
    Options
    as soon as i finish nursing school im going to finance some huge implants. ive been stuffing my bra since i was 5 yrs old, and i never got boobs....i WILL have them someday. :bigsmile:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Nope. I don't like the idea of having fake parts in me. Also my bf would leave me and my family would never let me hear the end of it if I ever did so I guess I have no reason to ever go under the knife.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Nah. I'd have to seriously consider robbing a bank to pay for it, first. :laugh:

But if I had that kind of money, yeah, I'd get down to goal weight, workout, prove to myself I can maintain it for once, and then definitely consider it.
  • yumichant
    yumichant Posts: 2
    Options
    I am! i have a surgery made and everything. with the weoight loss i have done i went from a C to an A
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    If I get the money for it I will be having plastic surgery
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on it (not much weight left to lose and my skin is doing relatively well) but after my mom lost weight (approx 125 pounds) she had to get the excess skin removed due to risk of infection. It was definitely worth it to her, because the skin was really taking a toll on her working out (plus it's incredibly discouraging).
  • CMmomx4
    CMmomx4 Posts: 25
    Options
    Yup, I am! So far I've lost just under 80 lbs. and when I get to goal it will be closer to 95 lbs. I've also had and breastfed 4 kids. I need a tummy tuck and a lift, for sure. It's frustrating knowing that even with all of my hard work, I won't be able to have a body that I really like. I had a consult and for the lift and tummy it was going to be about $12,000 (no implants). Ouch! I need to wait until I've been done nursing for 6 mos. first, though. My daughter still nurses 1-3 times a day so I've got a little time yet before I can do anything, which is fine since I still have some weight I want to lose!
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering plastic surgery for the exact same reason you are. I was thinking of a lift but I'm not quite sure yet. I went for the consultation and he said I was a good candidate for it and that it would run me around 7000 dollars which is pretty hefty. I have student loans and rent and other bills so it might take me while to save that. On the other hand I won't be doing this until I am at or almost at my goal weight. At that point I may just want to get a reduction. I dont really have to worry about lifting anything if they are smaller haha. Again, this would have to happen at my goal weight because I need to see if I can actually pull of smaller breasts. At this point I think with my frame it would look a little odd. Plus, the reduction would be covered by insurance. The size of my boobs do hurt my back. I'm so used to it now but it would be nice if that issue went away.

So, yes I am definitely considering and will probably do it in a few years or maybe even sooner!
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm weird but I don't want big boobs ha. I have big boobs and always have. I'd most likely have a reduction unless something insane happens in my weight loss but anyway.

Thanks for the responses. And for those of you who have to stuff em' into your bra, yea I totally get that, because I do too.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I will be getting my boobs done....evened out and lifted...that's my gift to myself when I get back into a comfortable size 8
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    I had a breast reduction when I was 22 yrs old. I'm now 40 years old and am still glad I had it done. I can't remember my top cup size but I couldn't get it in a normal store. I'm currently a 40 DD due to my weight gain. I was a 38D shortly after the proceedure and hope to get back down to it. I had the reduction done because of lower back pain. I would do it over again.
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Saving money now for a tummy tuck, breast reduction + small implant for shape. Possibly an under arm tuck as well depending on what happens with loose skin after my weightloss.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    iam gonna save and get a groin lift the doctors say for 6000 i can have the man sack of a 20 year old....we all can dream we all can dream
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, thanks to the above poster there is more TMI plastic surgery i want but that is well.. TMI