What's something you've given up since MFP?

Options

Replies

• sonyalbruno
    sonyalbruno Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Coffee, juice and pop. I drink strictly water and my 1 cup of milk a day :D Coffee was so hard to quit I got terrible headaches for a few days but suffered through it.
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    Forums.

Damn, will have to start over ;-)

hahah cute.

Also, mmmm cheezits. Those have been in my food log for the past two weeks, I can not resist the hot n spicy ones! Although, I do NOT recommend eating them before a work out or even anywhere close.. I pretty much felt my poor insides burning.

Personally, while I am young, I want to eat all the yummy crap I can because my metabolism is a whole lot better then it will be in 10years when I will be able to easily notice the 600 calorie cake I just ate. I get "eating clean" but unless I can go all out, everything organic, free range chicken, etc.. its really only going halfway anyways (obv. this is only my opinion) I do make sure to eat lots of fruits and veges though :D
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    my social life

Agreed!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I rarely drank pop/soda...but ever since MFP...i dont even look at the stuff.

Also....Ive given up obsessing about food portions....MFP has trained me well enough, so far, to eat sensible portions without worrying if im eating too much of something. After logging in a certain weight/amount of food for so long and remembering the calorie count...its way easier to control my eating.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My lazy time. I absolutely hate working out, but it delivers results so I keep doing it.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Smoking. :)
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For me, it's drinking calories. I mostly just drink water now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've given up laziness in favour of working out 5 times a week...!!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have given up giving up on myself...I have also given up punishing myself for making mistakes or slipping
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    my social life

Seriously. I avoid going out so I don't take in all the unnecessary liquid calories that come with hanging out at nightclubs.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Nightclubs and unlimited amount of beers!
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My morals, oh and pop.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    smoking
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Smoking, instant noodles and KFC. UGH!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Making excuses and fooling myself
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I gave up NOTHING!
    What's hard is simply keeping it between the ditches when it comes to calories and food intake.
    That was my downfall.
    And after 2 years winning this fight, I deny myself nothing in the way of cravings; however, moderation is key.
    And in time my eating gets cleaner and cleaner - not by design but by choice.
    All Is Possible!
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have given up white bread, little debbie hostess cakes, and potato chips. The bread I just don't miss and the little debbie cakes I just end up craving more of, so I stopped them. And the chips, I just am not happy with one serving so I don't buy them. Everything else I can handle in moderation though without a problem. I do eat pretty healthy most of the time though.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've given up hating myself and feeling guilty if I eat too much chocolate.

I just watch quantities and calories and enjoy life to the full. And what better motivation for exercise than a love of chocolate and cheese :tongue: :laugh:
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Smoking and lying in till late. I'm up at 6am for my workouts now.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Mindlessness.