Question about my running plan

Options
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on the workouts I'm doing now, and whether or not they are adequate...

I want to run my first full marathon next spring, so I'll start my "official" training for that in January/February. My question is, what should I be doing now? With school, it is so hard to get time in to work out! I completed two half marathons this summer and am doing a 5K or two this fall. So for now I have been running three days a week (one long run, one easy run, and one speed or tempo run), and that's about all I have time for. But is it enough? How should I be training now in preparation for doing the marathon in spring?

Any insight/advice on this would be great! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going to www.runnersworld.com or getting a book on marathon running. Typically it takes 4 months to train for a marathon. How long are your long runs? Your base should be about 20 miles a week right now. If you have to throw in a 4th day of just a 2-3 mile easy run, then do it. You don't want to get to January and try to tack on some serious miles!

146152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans