501st Day

Options
So today marks my 501st day on mfp, and truthfully im no better off than I was 200 days ago! Ive bounced between 143 and 150 since last summer (im at the higher end of that now) and im sick of it! Sometimes I tried to tell myself that i was finished losing weight, that this was what I was meant to stay at... but ive realised its not because of that, its because ive been eating crappy foods and whats worse is ive often told myself I deserve it!

So recently ive joined the Eat More 2 Weigh Less group and today also marks my first day eating TDEE 15%. I really want to give this a proper go, because I realise that if I want to get to my goal of 139/140lbs... its not going to be as simple as cutting my cals so low. I WANT to eat healthier foods and hopefully by being able to eat more of those types of food, il no longer crave the bad crappy stuff that make me feel (and look) terrible! I really want to tone up so I know strength training is probably more important than cardio. A lot of women now follow new rules of lifting, but im afraid all I have at home are dumbells! Ive taken up running though in the form of C25K and Im loving it :)

If there are any EM2WL followers out there or anyone else who has advice/ wants some friends for motivation, feel free :))

Replies

• Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    Bump
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I am below my original goal weight but want to lose six more pounds! I have been at 135 for like almost a month now and have set my plan to lose 1/2 a pound a week. I decided to be happy every day I maintain below 139, and most of the time it works for me.

I can tell you that I work every day on making sure I get enough activity so I sleep through the night - a key thing to maintaining my health.

That being said, I just keep telling myself that I am healthier than I have been since high school. and I am 53 years old and wish I had maintained a lower weight consistently over the last few decades. If you can maintain your weight within 10 lbs over the last 200 days, you have done something great.

Have you tried a personal trainer? I think with the C25K you will have cardio down, and perhaps a couple of sessions with a personal trainer and your at home dumbbells will do the trick...
  • DancerFourLife
    Options
    So today marks my 501st day on mfp, and truthfully im no better off than I was 200 days ago! Ive bounced between 143 and 150 since last summer (im at the higher end of that now) and im sick of it! Sometimes I tried to tell myself that i was finished losing weight, that this was what I was meant to stay at... but ive realised its not because of that, its because ive been eating crappy foods and whats worse is ive often told myself I deserve it!

So recently ive joined the Eat More 2 Weigh Less group and today also marks my first day eating TDEE 15%. I really want to give this a proper go, because I realise that if I want to get to my goal of 139/140lbs... its not going to be as simple as cutting my cals so low. I WANT to eat healthier foods and hopefully by being able to eat more of those types of food, il no longer crave the bad crappy stuff that make me feel (and look) terrible! I really want to tone up so I know strength training is probably more important than cardio. A lot of women now follow new rules of lifting, but im afraid all I have at home are dumbells! Ive taken up running though in the form of C25K and Im loving it :)

If there are any EM2WL followers out there or anyone else who has advice/ wants some friends for motivation, feel free :))

Hey there, I have just gained my Cert 3 in Fitness I could help write you up a program with those db's if you'd like :)
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Hey there, I have just gained my Cert 3 in Fitness I could help write you up a program with those db's if you'd like :)

I would really appreciate that! It could be just what I need. The dumbells I have are 1kg, 2kg and 6kg...would they be heavy enough for a decent program?
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

That being said, I just keep telling myself that I am healthier than I have been since high school. and I am 53 years old and wish I had maintained a lower weight consistently over the last few decades. If you can maintain your weight within 10 lbs over the last 200 days, you have done something great.

Thats a really good way of looking at things and I havn't thought of it that way. Only problem is I have been consciously trying to lose weight during that time, not just maintain.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

I would really appreciate that! It could be just what I need. The dumbells I have are 1kg, 2kg and 6kg...would they be heavy enough for a decent program?

message me if you're still interested :)