New in Town - Hello MFP! :D

Options
Hi everybody! My name's Ginny, I just joined MFP yesterday and I'm looking to meet some friends and motivators on here!

I spent the past year studying abroad and when I came home I was blown away by my dad's 50+ pound weight loss while I was gone! He's always been an avid runner but just like me has trouble with portion control and would eat more than he burned running. I asked him how he finally lost the weight and he said MFP helped a lot, so I thought I'd try it out. :)

I'm a college student, 23, studying French and Spanish. During my last few months in France I started pushing myself to run more and am really beginning to enjoy it now. I've always done the occasional 5k with my family, since my dad is a runner and much of my family is active, but in the past always had to alternate walking and running. On Saturday I finally ran my first entire 5k, with a time of 42:41! I also really enjoy swimming, kayaking, ping pong, tennis, and dancing. I'm interested in meeting other college students with similar interests and motivations, but am open to making friends with as many awesome and motivating people as possible! I love positive energy! :D

I hope everyone's having a fantastic day and look forward to meeting you guys!