Endometriosis diet...

Options
Hi there,

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and am keen to speak to anyone suffering from the same.

Has anyone had any success cutting out certain food groups to help with symptoms and has anyone went on to have children?

Please feel free to add me.

Would love to hear your stories... x

Replies

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Bumping.
  • ponifer
    ponifer Posts: 4
    Options
    I have completely cut out wheat (most things that contain gluten, but I do have the occasional beer and spelt works well for me). I have also cut out beef (I still eat pork, chicken, turkey, fish, etc) because it causes inflammation. I don't eat diary products either and have eliminated most forms of soy as well. I don't eat processed sugar, and try to avoid anything overly processed. I found that this has really helped. Cutting out wheat was probably one of the best things I have done for myself as it made me feel really sick.

@ChubbyCoyl - where abouts are you located? There are a bunch of organizations and support groups popping up which could also be beneficial to check out!
  • florasweets
    florasweets Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I am interested in changing my diet to better manage my endometriosis.

Please add me and consider messageing me with tips on what you have changed.

Thank you,
  • jenn0113
    jenn0113 Posts: 25
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was diagnosed with it when I was 18 and am 32 now. I did an endo diet back in my early 20's for a year and I felt amazing on it. No white flour or sugar for a year.

I now have 2 precious miracles. One IVF baby and one surprise baby :) Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I have totally "been there, done that" with all things endo and infertility and am always open to talking to others going through it.
  • mandi411
    Options
    I have endrometriosis and I am in pain ALL the time. I am miserable! I have tried birth control, none worked for me and had bad side effects. Now they want to try Lupron or a hysterectomy, I have had 4 laproscopic surgeries done. I am willing to try any diet. PLEASE help if you can. If you could just tell me what to eat and not to eat and if you found it on a website?

How are you feeling now? Congrats on your two babies!!

Thanks for WHATEVER advise that you could give me!!!
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I have a very long history with endo.. I was first diagnosed at 14(so young!)..I had a 12 year break and now its back. I am on month 1 of lupron (worked well the first time) and the only thing I don't like is the hot flashes! I am interesting in doing an endo diet because I am tired of the pain.
  • mandi411
    Options
    I hope this helps, I have been on it for 23 days. At first, I was going through major withdrawals from sugar and bread, but I am surprisingly fine now and bonus... NOT THAT HUNGRY!!

If anyone is doing this, I would love to talk to you to swap ideas and make sure that I'm doing it right myself. Or contact me if you are just starting. They make it look so easy that I am somehow making it hard on myself.

EZ Diet (for infertility and healthy living)
    I wanted to share the new "EZ Diet" that I am starting today. My fertility Doctor, Dr. Laura Lovely from Davis IVF is partners with Dr. Ernest J. Zeringue who created this diet for women with fertility problems or that just want to live a healthier life style.
    As a part of having PCOS, I have struggled with my weight the past two years. My doctor put me on some fertility meds a few months ago and suggested I do this diet to help with the negative side effects of the meds. It has taken me a few months, but I now realize the importance of the diet.
    The main idea behind the diet is to get rid of sugars and processed foods. All the treatments we have tried have not worked, and I am willing to try something as easy as this diet if it means I may be one step closer to finally having a baby.
    So here it is:
    There are three categories of food: "Bad List", "So-So List", and "Good List"
    Bad List:
    Sugar (includes hidden sugars)
    Breads/baked goods and flour
    Potatoes
    Yogurt
    Beer
    White Wine
    Bananas
    Processed Food
    So-So List:
    Pasta
    Rice
    * Seving size = tennis ball
    Good List:
    Everything else
    Any meats, fruits, vegetables, or nuts not listed on bad last.
    Dairy products are also good.
    There is no need to limit portion size.
    The "EZ Diet" consists of two phases.
    Phase 1
    (Restrictive)
    Nothing from the Bad List
    1-2 servings a week from the So-So List
    As much as you want from the Good List
    Use phase 1 for 4 weeks
    This should help with the cravings and give you impressive results.
    You may be hungry bewtween meals for 1-2 weeks. Eat snacks from the Good List.
    Phase 2
    (Maintenance)
    2-3 sevings a weel from Bad List
    3-4 servings a week from So-So List
    As much as you want from the Good List
    Cheat Day 1 time a week
    Vacations: Enjoy yourself!!! You may need to return to the restrictive phase for a few weeks after your vacation.
    Again this diet is from: California IVF, Davis Fertility Center
  • psb4462
    Options
    I took the Lupron shots and could barely walk across the floor because of being so stiff....I went on to have the hystorectomy, feel much better now. I wish I had known about possible foods to stay away from to help with the affects back then.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I don't have endometriosis, but I do have PCOS (yet another awful condition that makes it a ***** to conceive and lose weight).

I find that eating a diet low in carbs always benefits me. But then I tend to lose energy if I do not eat enough carbs... I try to go gluten free whenever possible. I get really bad GERD and feel awful after eating certain foods. Not exactly sure what the problem is. I'm probably either lactose intolerant, have wheat intolerance, or something... I haven't been able to pinpoint it. I get awful hiccups that are more like belches, but they are so painful and disgusting sounding that a lady once thought I was puking in the bathroom.