Odd Childhood Pets

Options
2»

Replies

• Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a daily farm. Every season I would make friends with one calf and when it grew up it would be much nicer and calmer than the others lol I had one special calf though for 4H. Her name was Sweetie Pie and she had a twin named Sugar Plum... I loved those cows haha. My older sister also had a few lambs that were pretty cute.

In highschool I owned 3 Mongolian Gerbils, named McMurphy, the Cow and Attila the Hun lol
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Jackdaws

599277_10150984355238769_956205588_n.jpg
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My boys (age 3 & 1) have a Rabbit, leopard gecko, 2 ball pythons, bearded dragon, rose hair tarantula & Asian forest scorpion.

I guess technically just the rabbit and gecko are 'theirs'..
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    We had some weird pets:

Jackson Chameleons - Names Tito, Latoya, Bo, Michael and Ren and Stimpy. They lived in our Shower (in Hawaii) the "shower" had a screen roof, ficus tree, ferns, orchids, etc etc. They were happy.

Duck - Named Soupy.

Then various roosters, rats, mice, rabbits and fish.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of stick insects.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had a hermit crab named Kermit. I think it lasted a couple months. The mofo pinched me one time so I never handled it after that. One day it crawled out of it's shell, buried itself under the rocks and died. Couldn't find that mofo for a week until it started stankin' the place up.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Posted under "fun and games" for that reason
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My pet lamb was named Dinner. Mmmm.

Oh, I like you. We had a pig and cows named Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

we named our turkeys Thanksgiving and Christmas. :devil:

OMGLMAO....too funny, thank goodness I was not taking a drink of my water right then....it would have shot though my nose! We never raised those but I'm sure those would have been the names we picked out.

We also named our other cows and pigs. Susy, Larry, Moe, Curly Joe, Bonnie & Clyde. The chickens we never bothered with. You just had to yell "here chicky, chicky" and they all came running.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I lived on a farm ive had;

Dog, cat, sheep, goats, cows, jackson chameleons, lovebirds, finches, mountain horned lizard, fish, turtle, tortoise, mice, cardinal, myna bird, horse, bunnies, hamster, ferrets…

Not all at the same time. WHY did my parents let me always get a new animal when I OBVIOUSLY couldn’t care for them… (always forgot water or food for the little critters =/..) Once I turned 14 I learned how to care for pets, and haven’t killed one being irresponsible since..

I'm a horrid person.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My pet lamb was named Dinner. Mmmm.

My lambs that I raised were ; Lambchops, Bailey, Vodka, Sugar, Spice, JimmyD..... I was 11-14yr old..