starting 30 day shred!

Options

Replies

• monasuli
    monasuli Posts: 99
    Options
    I did Day 6 this morning. My soreness in completely gone, I can walk down stairs and go to the bathroom without straining lol. I've lost 5 lbs! Unfortunately I did not take measurements but I FEEL awesome!! I feel like I've definately lost some belly already. And this may be silly but my collar bones are more visible :) as well as my wrists lol. I don't know why I like that but I do! I keep touching my collar bones ha ha ha!

Good luck! And keep at it :)

wow congratulations! I hope I get similar results as you! I just finished day 1 workout and I know when I wake up tomorrow my body will be so sore! but as they say no pain no gain!
  • monasuli
    Options
    I"m going to start the 30 day shred this evening... but I know I should do it in the morning time.. just so lazy to get up at 4am to do it... but I have to.. i have about 25 lbs to lose so hopefully I can do this...need some motivation.... we can motivate each other on here...

That's what I use to say! Don't give up!! whatever you do, don't stop the workout! If people can get amazing results with it, we can too!! (I hope)
  • AllisonWBaker
    Options
    I did L1D1 this morning. I did it a year ago and had amazing results. Hoping to have them again this time! Glad to have a team to motivate each other!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I"m going to start the 30 day shred this evening... but I know I should do it in the morning time.. just so lazy to get up at 4am to do it... but I have to.. i have about 25 lbs to lose so hopefully I can do this...need some motivation.... we can motivate each other on here...

I have this same problem too. I need to get up to do it by 4am but I am so not a morning person. Im n day 5. But its taken me like 2 wks to get to that.lol. I need to get it together. :embarassed:
  • feregrinowar
    feregrinowar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my dvd off of Amazon using my Discover card points, so it was free! Can't wait to get it! What got me was that it's only 25 minute workout rather than the dreaded eternity videos of P90X, lol! I hope to post results after my first day or so! For now, I'll just be jogging in the park :)
    GL to all of you! You inspire me!
  • ready2beach
    Options
    Im starting it today !! I have attempted it like four times and never made it through but I am determined this time ! We all can keep each other motivated so feel free to add me !
  • blinker712
    blinker712 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started it today! I did it once before but only made it to day 15, but honestly at day 15 I was feeling so much better and was down 13lbs. Unfortunately day 16 at the time was Thanksgiving so I stopped doing it lol. But I am trying again and want to finish it this time. Did any of you take before pictures?
  • jcaddy521
    jcaddy521 Posts: 5
    Options
    are you doing this for 30 consecutive days? I wasnt sure if it was ok to do it for 30 days straight....(even tho it is the 30 day shred) ;) last time it took me about 90 days i swear to complete :-/ so this time i want to buckle down & complete it more on schedule :):) yesterday was day 5 on level one!!! i am also trying to complete c25k & was hoping to finish them both up in 6 weeks.....
  • hopsanddreams
    Options
    I did day 2 today. Like OP, I have started and stopped a few times in the past. (I think this is my 3rd or 4th crack at it). During the first time, I did 2 weeks and hurt my upper back, which made it hard to even do jumping jacks. Like PP said, I think the injury was due to poor form. In the 14 days I did it, I dropped a full pant size! I changed so much, even DH SAID something about how much I had lost. (not in the form of lbs, but inches)

the 2nd time I tried it, I got up to day 8, but stopped. I went out of town for a long weekend, and never picked it up again. It was just me being lazy.

Now, I realize, it's JULY and I'm still trying to get confident in my swimsuit. So, here goes nothing....

Also, my bestie is getting married in the fall, and I don't know who I'll see at the wedding, but I want them thinking "Man, she looks GOOD!" ha ha ha

I'm getting up early and doing the workout before work. It's what works for me and my schedule (although I do love to sleep in). I know if I do it in the morning, I'll just get it done and out of the way. If I wait until after work, I'll have all day to talk myself out of it lol!

I started off with 3 lb weights. I'm going to move up to 5's tomorrow. That 1st time, I moved up to 8's too fast and hurt myself. I'm trying to be careful not to do that this time, but I'm not sore at all with the 3's and the movements don't really feel usefull with them, you know?

Also, is anyone changing their eating habits while doing it?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I was an absolute beginning fitness wise, now I'm on Day 17 and have lost 7.5 inches so far, stick with it and make sure you're not doing it on a hard floor or you'll hurt your knees!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my dvd off of Amazon using my Discover card points, so it was free! Can't wait to get it! What got me was that it's only 25 minute workout rather than the dreaded eternity videos of P90X, lol! I hope to post results after my first day or so! For now, I'll just be jogging in the park :)
    GL to all of you! You inspire me!

Did you check to see if you get an instant streaming copy? I ordered mine yesterday but was itching to try it and realized it gave me a free instant streaming copy so I used that on the computer this morning :) I think it's only if you buy direct from Amazon though.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I just started it today! I did it once before but only made it to day 15, but honestly at day 15 I was feeling so much better and was down 13lbs. Unfortunately day 16 at the time was Thanksgiving so I stopped doing it lol. But I am trying again and want to finish it this time. Did any of you take before pictures?

I meant to do before pictures and measurements but at 5:30am completely spaced out on it. I'm planning to do some tonight so I can keep track and would love to hear everyone else's progress as well!
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I've heard conflicting comments about the workout program and although I purchased the dvd months ago, I still haven't opened the package! I promised myself that I would start next week, but no sense putting it off! I may as well get started today!
  • elispine
    elispine Posts: 23
    Options
    I just started for the 2nd time yesterday, I do mine in the evening. The first time I went 25 days straight, with one sick day and, I skipped 4 days of level 1 (so I could finish before vacation). I took 2 weeks off for vacation and started again yesterday, to my suprise level one seemed easy :)
  • sewhappymomma
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred today and I decided that I am gonna do two workouts in one day.

1st 6 days level one workout 2x a day
    1 day off
    Next 5 days Level one workout 1x and level 2 workout
    1 day off.
    Next 6 days level 2 workout 2x
    1 day off
    Next 6 days level 2 work 1x and level 3 1x
    1 day off
    Next 6 days level 3 workout 2x
  • JessicaLG23
    Options
    Today is day 3 of the 30 day shred. I am hoping to see some results rather quickly. I am very sore, but I am trying to push through!

today is day 3 for me too! I am also VERY sore but hope that it will get better, good luck to you!
  • weightloss06
    Options
    I have just started level 2. Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • c1nder
    c1nder Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you during the next 30 days. I bought my video a couple of weeks ago but have not made the effort to set aside the time to do it. I am glad to hear that others are having success and hopefully I will be able to say the same at the end!
  • Tinychancer
    Options
    Is anyone starting it soon? I bought it, tried it once and couldnt keep up, Im a tiny bit more fit now & eager to get it done, a support group would really help! x ANyone who wants to start with me within the next week feel free to PM me or add me :) x
  • monasuli
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred today and I decided that I am gonna do two workouts in one day.

1st 6 days level one workout 2x a day
    1 day off
    Next 5 days Level one workout 1x and level 2 workout
    1 day off.
    Next 6 days level 2 workout 2x
    1 day off
    Next 6 days level 2 work 1x and level 3 1x
    1 day off
    Next 6 days level 3 workout 2x

Hi, I am thinking of doing it twice a day too! Its just that the workout is too short and I feel like I am not getting enough exercise