I've been putting this off

SlimT
SlimT Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I keep thinking I'll get back to where I'm supposed to be. Even when I was 10 pounds less, I always felt I needed to do something losing a few pounds. But instead of doing something, the weight has crept up. I have a small build. Even though I'm not big, every five pounds really shows, and my clothes are tight. I eat well, and exercise quite a lot, but probably eat too much. With the warmer weather coming, I think I'll have to start running again. I've got to change something. That's why I'm here. Wish me luck.

Replies

• SlimT
    I keep thinking I'll get back to where I'm supposed to be. Even when I was 10 pounds less, I always felt I needed to do something losing a few pounds. But instead of doing something, the weight has crept up. I have a small build. Even though I'm not big, every five pounds really shows, and my clothes are tight. I eat well, and exercise quite a lot, but probably eat too much. With the warmer weather coming, I think I'll have to start running again. I've got to change something. That's why I'm here. Wish me luck.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Welcome aboard.

My wife is like you but 10 years older and even though she was doing all the right things her body was changing internally on her so she went to see the doctor and found out that her cholesterol was way too high and after the doctor put her on a statin and she started eating oatmeal for breakfast everyday she's started to shed the pounds quite steadily. I only share this with you because it seems women lose weight differently than men and their biological make up often requires a visit to the doctor to help them with those changes that occur as they get older.

You'll do well here and you've take the right first step. Keep in touch with everyone and over time you'll learn some good tips from us.
  • Welcome. I too am not very tall. I've always said that I am shaped like a cut off tree trunk.
    I had been maintaining my weight for the past 10 or so years (which was still overweight) but towards the end of last year....BAM, just like that I put on 10 pounds and I must admit it was because of extra eating and lack of exercise.
    I decided this has to stop. I was looking over the web at things like Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig,......and accidently found this site.
    It has done wonders for me (and it's FREE!). I'm down 15 lbs. since Jan.

Stick with us. I promise you will love it here. (Before long we won't be looking like cut off tree trunks anymore!):smile:
  • SlimT
    Thanks for the welcome. :smile: The calorie counting is a completely new experience for me, but I think it'll work. My clothes are a bit looser, and I've lost a few pounds since last Friday when I started. I'm feeling enthusiastic, and I've enjoyed being able to search through the messages for info and tips. It seems like a great supportive community.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.