Loosing a pound a day

Options
2»

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to shred a pound- two pounds a week? I am drinking 12+ cups of water a day, trying to excersie 4-5 times during the week (either an hour+ of hiking or swimming) and doing my best to eat under my calories (kind of hard to adjust but doing so. Any advise would be great. Thank you

Basically keep doing what you are doing and maintain a 500 calorie deficit from your TDEE + exercise. My advise, though, it not to burn yourself out. Do what you think is manageable or else you will not be able to keep it up.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to her first post. She said a day in the topic by accident but if you actually take the time to read her post then you'll see what she actually meant.

Anyways the goals on here are designed to help you lose 1-2 pounds per week. I've followed the MFP goals and had a lot of success. Make sure your NET is above 1200 or at least 1200 every day. Eat well balanced meals. Eat clean (something I struggle with) by eat clean I mean try not to eat too much processed stuff, try to cook your own food so you know what's in it...try to stay away from fast food and frozen meals, something I am horrible at, but I got for the healthiest options possible when I eat processed stuff.

Protein is your best friend. Chicken. Fish. Beans.

Carbs and fat are NOT the enemy but just try to limit them/stay with in your goal.

Have some low calorie high protein snacks throughout the day. Protein shakes, almonds, granola bars, protein bars ...

Just give it time. Low and slow's the way to go.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Loose pounds cause trouble if not contained properly.