New!

I'm new to this site, but certainly not new to gaining and losing weight. I'm looking to lose weight and get in shape the healthy way, for the first time in my three-year-long weight loss journey. I'm looking to change my habits - permanently. I rapdily lost approximately seventy-five to eighty pounds at the age of nineteen (through very unhealthy means), but steadily gained about half of that back by the age of twenty-one.

I am now twenty-two, a senior in college, and sick of fooling around when it comes to my weight and my health. My goal is to lose about sixty-five pounds total - and get fit. I'd love the support of such an awesome community of people during the process!

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • llepine17
    llepine17 Posts: 16 Member
    Welcome! I'm pretty new too, and also just finally got serious about losing weight and not falling off the wagon after I start feeling like I look okay again. Would love to have more buddies on here to help encourage and motivate each other! Feel free to add me as a friend :) Good luck!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Rylie324
    Rylie324 Posts: 58 Member
    Hello and welcome! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for good people to help me stay on track!
  • Jenna9797
    Jenna9797 Posts: 33 Member
    I've been on here about a month. I have tried NutriSystem, Atkins, juicing... you name it, I've probably tried it. I have lost weight on all those programs but once I got "tired" of them (because I *never* reached my goal weight) I found that I didn't have a strategy of how to deal with making the right choices and eating my own food. Sure I could follow the plan but what about when the plan was through?

I am a binge eater and through counseling, my therapist suggested a food journal.
    I didn't feel like doing it but I did make a half-hearted attempt.

Then, a month ago I discovered this program and I have lost 14 pounds **making my own meal choices**. I think knowing what is going into my body does make a difference.

If you have a smart phone, get the app. It helps.
  • ANB22
    ANB22 Posts: 64
    Welcome I am always on the lookout for active members! Feel free to add me :)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    My goal is to lose about sixty-five pounds total - and get fit.

My suggestion is to switch that around. Make your goal to get fit and eat right.... then the weight will come off.. and if you do it a little at a time you wont get disappointed and will most likely stick with it. Baby steps to start out, but start out doing something that you can do. Just one or two changes. For instance, When I started I wasnt able to log food, school was too demanding. But I did start getting up in the mornings and walk me dog. It wasnt always daily. It was usually maybe half a mile. But I tried.. I failed.. I tried some more. I eventually got my husband on board. I now do a 1 mile interval training in the mornings.. still with the dog and now with the hubs.. Took about a year and a half to get there. I have fitness goals.. Not weight goals, because weight loss will come with the change in your exercised and eating habits.
  • My suggestion is to switch that around. Make your goal to get fit and eat right.... then the weight will come off

Great advice, and you are absolutely right. It is hard to get out of the mentality that seeing a lower number on the scale means that I am healthier or can feel more comfortable in my own skin. Shaking that off and focusing on the changes I see in my body has been one of the most difficult things for me to do. Thanks for the reminder!

And thanks for the welcome, everyone! Expect plenty of friend requests! (:
  • Samp199
    Samp199 Posts: 1
    I am new too. I have been tracking for three weeks now. Some days are better than others could sure use some friends to share with. How do I add friends to my site?