Always over my protein allowance

Options
shivles
shivles Posts: 468 Member
Without fail every day I go over my protein allowance by quite a bit, does this matter?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    MFP pre set for protein is pretty low, it's probably good for you to go over! You can manually readjust your macro goals to put it more in line with how you want to eat.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Define "quite a bit". 20mg? Double the percentage? Triple? Ten times?

MFP's protein recommendations are, in a lot of people's view, pretty low. I'd say if you're losing weight and feeling fine, just make sure you are drinking plenty of water to give your body what it needs to process the protein, and enjoy.

And maybe do a little lifting so your body has something productive to do with the protein. :)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    If you're using the MFP standard you'll nearly always go over. You can edit this if you set custom goals (My Home, Goals, Change Goals, Custom) People should be eating 1 gram per pound of lean body mass at least. Or just round up to 1 g per pound and be done with it.
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How do you manually adjust your macros?
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It gives me a 65g allowance a day today I've gone over by 45g! So if I follow the 1g per lb rule is need 130g a day? That seems more realistic.
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It gives me a 65g allowance a day today I've gone over by 45g! So if I follow the 1g per lb rule is need 130g a day? That seems more realistic.
    Protein should be 1g/kg not pound.