Exercise and Calorie Burn

baumtim
baumtim Posts: 12
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm in my last 2 weeks of P90 and recently got a calorie monitor (wrist watch type) to check to see how many calories I actually consume during workout. I've noticed on cardio days, my calorie burn may range from 300 calories to one day it hit close to 500. Usually an average around 350 or so. This morning I really pumped it and only achieved close to 280.

Anyone got an idea why the big difference? I'm doing the same thing every other day and try to go at the same intensity.

Replies

• The longer you do an activity for the more efficient your body becomes at doing it. So while it may feel like the same intensity your body may not be working as hard as you think.

Also, the "cardio zone", which is something like 60-80% of max HR, is relative to your resting heart rate. The more fit you become, the more efficient your heart gets, & the lower your resting heart rate gets. I work out w/a heart rate monitor & when I first got it my cardio zone was something like 150-169. I recently adjusted my weight & resting heart rate settings & now it says my cardio zone is like 140-155.
  • That makes complete sense. My heart rate is around 45 bpm and I have a hard time getting it to 135 to 140 bpm now. Really stays there during real intensity. I want to finish the P90 and start P90X....since only 2 weeks left. Guess just for mental reasons...ahhh.. completion of something.

But I think you are right, it is time to kick it up a notch. Thanks..
This discussion has been closed.