Last 5 pounds...

Hey all!
I am down to the last 5 pounds to lose. It is going soooo slowly now. I am breastfeeding my now 8 month old baby-- she does eat some solid foods, so I add in 300 calories for her. I am working out 5-6 days a week. My weight loss has been slow, averaging 0.5 pound a week and I am just really ready to get the last weight off so I can start working on maintenance. Any tips? Thanks so much!

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    It sounds like you're doing it right. Half a pound per week is healthy weight loss when you have that little to go.
  • mleonards
    mleonards Posts: 52 Member
    It is just soooo slow LOL. I will have one week where nothing comes off. The next week 0.5 pound. The next week nothing. The next week a pound. I know 5 pounds doesn't sound like much but I'm only 5'0 tall so 5 pounds on me lets me fit more comfortably in pants!
  • slays1415
    slays1415 Posts: 22 Member
    I am right there with you! It's frustrating. My only tip would be to not weigh yourself very often. I've quit weighing at all - just going by how my clothes fit. I don't know about you, but my normal fluctuation (not related to actual gain or loss) is 5 lbs., so weighing myself is sort of pointless! The clothes, however, don't lie. I'm expecting this to take 6 months, which is hard to think about sometimes. Good luck!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I know. It seems like nothing is happening, especially on those weeks where you don't see a loss. But before you know it, you'll be done. And personally, I found losing weight a little more fun than maintaining, because once you hit maintenance there's no goal to reach anymore, you just stay the same forever.

Be sure you are drinking plenty of water and not eating tons of sodium - if you're retaining water it could mask several pounds, which is a whole month's loss at this point.
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Those last few pounds of fat are always the hardest to shed. Patients and consistency is the key to success!
  • mleonards
    mleonards Posts: 52 Member
    Thanks everyone. I've been good about not under eating and exercising consistently ... I could probably always stand to drink more water. Especially these days -- it's been killer hot. I ran 6 miles yesterday and drank 32 ounces of water after and still didn't pee until I drank more! Crazy!!!