Susan Komen Race for the Cure - Charlotte NC Oct 3

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
check out my web page for the race....

http://charlotte.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/CLT_CharlotteAffiliate?px=5331923&pg=personal&fr_id=1230

This is my first 5k - I've waited for this race since I am a survivor!

I am trying to double my fundraising goal.....no donation is too small...help me out with an online donation....thanks!!

Replies

• leighoconnell
    Options
    I'm doing the race this weekend in Denver. I'm on my office's team!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Leigh that's awesome - we'll be running in spirit together!!!
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I am a 10 year survivor. Winston Salem has been doing the Komen race for 10 years and I have done every one.
    Good luck
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    Lol, well you'll be running. I'll be speed walking....I'm recovering from ankle reconstruction lol. But we will still be doing it in spirit. There are close to 60,000 people doing it in Denver. They have shurt down the entire Denver area, including all major roads for that entire Saturday.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Lol, well you'll be running. I'll be speed walking....I'm recovering from ankle reconstruction lol. But we will still be doing it in spirit. There are close to 60,000 people doing it in Denver. They have shurt down the entire Denver area, including all major roads for that entire Saturday.

WOW that's huge! I'd love to see pictures when you're done!
  • leighoconnell
    Options

WOW that's huge! I'd love to see pictures when you're done!

Ya Denver has around that many people every year, we are the biggest in the nation. You can google the pics from last year. Its incrediable to see all those men and woman walking as one down the major highway and into downtown.