Losing the last 10 lbs HELP!!! any suggestions

Options
Hello everyone!

My Name is kendra and i am writing in this forum because i am having difficulty losing the last 9-10 lbs to get to my goal weight. I have heard that the last 10 lbs are the toughest. I have been at and around my current weight for 4 months now gaining then losing it over an over again. I am currently not really getting much exercise the Curves for Women in my town right up the street from me closed down and i do not drive yet and have no other means of transportation. I do have a bicycle but needs fixing which i can have a friend do for nothing. I am getting money from the govt at the end of the month or so, so after that i can join a gym or fitness center. Any suggestions on what i should do or can do to consistently lose weight before my money comes in?

Thanks for the advice in advance!!!

Replies

• Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I recommend walking. Keep it simple - it's free, low-impact and convienient.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bumping

im down to the last 10lbs or so and i wont shift!! i have stayed the same few lbs give or take for about 4/5 months and it wont go no matter what i do so im interested to see your replys
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    According to google, the Y is 3 miles away from you, which should be doable on the bike. They have scholarships :)

Can you hop on the track at the college?

MFP uses the low fat diet ratios of carbs:fat:protein, which is actually less effective than low glycemic: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/26/which-diet-works/?src=me&ref=general

Lately I've been concentrating more on not eating simple carbs and not worrying if I go a few fat grams over and am losing weight faster but I'm also swimming.