Afraid of lose skin.

Options
My start weight was 339 pounds. I have been big my whole life, and though I am only 20, I am worried about lose skin. I exercise almost daily, have lost 71 lbs, still am a bigger person, but no signs of lose skin, just stretchmarks. I do use weights, and my workouts are always so instense, but I am very afraid of lose skin.

Is there anyone out there that went from a heavier weight to a smaller weight in a short period of time and doesn't or does have lose skin? Please share your story!

Replies

• pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    Bump.. I'm very interested in hearing anyone's experience with this too. I'm a little older.. 40 years old.. and have lost 60 pounds so far. My arms are a little jiggly and I think I'm gonna have some sagging skin in my stomach area.. I did have 2 kids so that may have caused that. If anyone has any ideas on how to keep from getting the sagging skin or helping it to go away.. I'd love to hear it too.

Cheryl
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what your are doing now. If you do end up with loose skin, ask yourself this "Do I want to be healthy with a little extra skin, or overweight?" Depending on your genetics you might not have loose skin. You are young, you have a good chance of your skin "snapping" back. Drink plenty of fluids. Maybe try some to use lotions with collagen ellastin or Vitamin E. St. Ives has a good one. Lotions aren't magic, but taking good care of your skin and providing it with nutrients sure does help.

Good luck!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about loose skin. That can be taken care of in the future. Generally that happens in very rapid weight loss. So, keep your train slow, steady, and consistent and you'll be fine.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Fluids help alot and your weights! Keep going! And the poster above is correct! I love how she put it....

If you do end up with loose skin, ask yourself this "Do I want to be healthy with a little extra skin, or overweight?"

I went through 2-csections just on my tummy so it was stretched pretty far. Got it back. I don't know how it works on a overall weight of that nature but my tummy was many inches around at one point with the pregnancies and it did stretch however the elasticity came back eventually after alot of muscle building activities and cardio.

Don't loose hope!
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    you definitely have your age in your favor. Weights, hydrate, moisturize, healthy diet for healthy skin.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do, I had surgery to help this year but I don't regret any of it! I would rather have loose skin than be big! At times it was frustrating but your life will continue to improve, and surgery is always an option if you cant stand it.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have some loose skin! I celebrate that it is not full of fat anymore!!
    However, there is less than I thought there would be, bearing in mind how long I had been overweight & how fat I was! I have found that it does bounce back some. I use baby oil after showering & that seems to help some too. Be brave & lose the weight. If you have the skin when you are done it may need to be dealt with surgically but at least you will be able to live without it full of fat!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'd be afraid if I saw anyone lose their skin :D
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    if you loose weight, you lose skin