soft snacks

Options
pamperedlinny
pamperedlinny Posts: 1,565 Member
I had my wisdom tooth out the other day and so far have been doing ok. But now that I'm back at work I realized all my normal snacks I can't eat. No nuts, no crunchy stuff, no seeds, etc. So my protein/fiber bars, nuts, jerky, etc is out.

So what do you suggest I snack on when I need something between meals?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I got my wisdom teeth out about 3-4 years ago, for snacks or to satisfy my hunger until dinner I had applesauce, cottage cheese, strawberries, bananas, frozen yogurt, mashed potatoes, soups, pudding and rice.
  • chayoxela
    chayoxela Posts: 23
    Options
    applesauce, yogurt, baby food, pudding, jello, protein shakes, smoothies, instant oatmeal made with plenty of liquid, hard candy (keeps your mouth busy so you don't feel like you need to be chewing on something)
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    applesauce, yogurt, baby food, pudding, jello, protein shakes, smoothies, instant oatmeal made with plenty of liquid, hard candy (keeps your mouth busy so you don't feel like you need to be chewing on something)

Hard candy isnt good after you have teeth removed.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I have 2 weeks of no crunchy foods, no seeds, no nuts, no jerky & no hard candy.
    I am always prepared with snacks but nothing that works with those restrictions.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    if you decide to have a smoothie or shake.. dont use a straw =)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    The Fiber One brownies are delicious and only 90 calories.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Skip the oatmael. I did that after I had wisdom teeth removed and got an oat stuck in a socket. It drove me CRAZY!!!

I think you may just have to deal with things that aren't so healthy until your sockets heal. Pudding, cottage cheese, Jello, pasta, etc...
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Jelly!!