Couch to 5k,who wants to join me on this journey?

Options
2»

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    For those that have done 25K, did you start with the 5K then have some sort of transition? I downloaded the couch to 5K app a month ago, still waiting to start but no time like the present :)
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start either Saturday or Monday.. I haven't been feeling great, so if I am not feeling better by Saturday I am going to start Monday. I can run anywhere between 4-10 minutes at a time, depending on the day. I've started and stopped this program numerous times and plan to start on week 3, and do week 3 twice, week 4 twice then go on to week 5 and move forward from there so it should take me the same 9 weeks!

this is what I was thinking when i started C25K the first time, but I spent some time reading advice on forums, and also a book I had by Jeff Galloway (I think that's his name...) and I kept reading over and over, even if you think you can start out a few weeks into it, it'll be better for you to start off with the easy week and build yourself up little by little.

So I decided to do it that way, even though I too could run 4-8 minutes at a time before I started, and now that I'm on week six, I feel like that was the best choice for me. I am still doing the program, I haven't quit, and I think it's because I allowed myself the time to work up to it slowly.
  • geekgirl71
    geekgirl71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Started C25K yesterday morning and felt really good afterwards. I'm looking forward to completeing it and am so glad to find this site. I've always walked fast but this is my 1st try at really running for the distance.
  • randisimplified
    Options
    Yes! Today I am a runner. 1.92 miles in 32 minutes, and this is only the beginning!
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes! Today I am a runner. 1.92 miles in 32 minutes, and this is only the beginning!

Good job!!