Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

4 Stone lost (56lbs), 5 dress sizes and a nomination

bluemist248
bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
I'm so incredibly happy today for a number of reasons. I'm so happy in fact that I would like to shout from a mountain top... but there are no mountains nearby so here seems a good alternative.

I've been on this site for over 431 days now and I've gone from obese to petite! Literally. I started out in May 2011, weighing 196lbs with a BMI of 35 and a body fat % of 42%! I was in poor health to say the least and I knew I had to do something but I had 60lbs to lose and I never thought I'd manage it at the time.

I'm now just 4lbs away from my goal weight, but to be honest, it doesn't feel as urgent any more and the scale doesn't matter as much as it used to. I'm fitter than I've ever been (swimming 100 lengths is one of my proudest fitness achievements!) I have dropped from a UK size 18 down to a UK 10, my bra size from a 42GG to a 34F (saving me from breast reduction surgery) and my body fat has dropped from 42% to 29%. My BMI is a little over 25 but I'm confident that I'll reach a BMI of around 22 at some point.

On top of all of this, my weight loss blog (http://beyondthebathroomscale.blogspot.co.uk/), which I've been using to document my journey as well as share recipes and reviews of various fitness books and games, has now been nominated for 'Best Lifestyle Blog' in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2012! (You can vote for it here if you like, it only takes a second: http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/blog-awards-2012-vote).

I have four weeks until my holiday, which I'm no longer feeling self-conscious about and I may even consider buying a bikini instead of covering up in my one-piece or tankini. :smile: I never thought last year that any of this would happen and I want to thank every single one of my MFPs for supporting me all the way! You're all amazing and I couldn't have done it without you!

Replies

• halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Wow, very increible and very inspiring! Way to go! You should be so very proud!
  • Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Congratulations! You look wonderful and that is no small accomplishment. Take pride and smile.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    So awesome!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Congratulations! All of your hard work has paid dividends! I hope you post some pics soon!
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    YOU ARE AN AMAZING SUCCESS ...........WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT!!!........SO MANY NONE SCALE VICTORIES ALONG THE WAY TOO !!!! I TRIED TO VOTE FOR YOUR BLOG BUT IT APPEARS TO BE CLOSED NOW ME DUCK..........NEVER MIND.....YOU ARE OUR CHAMPION !!!!!
  • congratz!
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    YOU ARE AN AMAZING SUCCESS ...........WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT!!!........SO MANY NONE SCALE VICTORIES ALONG THE WAY TOO !!!! I TRIED TO VOTE FOR YOUR BLOG BUT IT APPEARS TO BE CLOSED NOW ME DUCK..........NEVER MIND.....YOU ARE OUR CHAMPION !!!!!

Thank you :smile: The link (http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/blog-awards-2012-vote) should show the log in screen where you just pop in an email address (don't worry, they won't spam) and then choose 'lifestyle blogs' and 'Beyond The Bathroom Scales'
  • Wow, can't tell you how proud I am of you! Congratulations on your phenomal achievements!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    congratulations!! on your health status, your dedication to logging in and the nomination for your blog!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Truly amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Congratulations and what an awesome job you have done!!!
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Congratz and bump to be able to read your blog later! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!