Absolutely Flabulous

Options
mogletdeluxe
mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
Hello MFP peeps.

Slightly wanky post (or, more relevantly, pose) incoming.

Those on my friends list will know that I updated my status recently following me taking my measurements. To cut a long story short, my waist is 11" smaller than it was 18 months ago. I took my (Athena poster/gayboy pose) progress picture, had a little smile and that was that.

I was digging through some old photos earlier and came across this one of me larking about with some friends (I'm sure the pose was both relevant and hilarious at the time), and did the natural before/after comparison.

What had me quietly taken aback more than anything was my happiness with my body as it is. Pooch included (I have what I call flabs - sneaky, shy little abs with stage fright wrapping themselves in a velvety curtain of fat, squealing NO NO I DON'T WANT TO GO ON-STAGE YOU CAN'T MAKE ME).

Is there room for improvement? I guess. But for someone who was historically dissatisfied with their body, and now sometimes scrutinises it more than I really should, that quiet satisfaction really hit home.

BA.jpg

ETA - ignore the druggie dark circles in the after shot. I'm blimmin' knackered.

Replies

• Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    Fair play, you've done amazing! Well done!!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    What a transformation!!! You look awesome
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congrats!
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Holy crap what a transformation. Great work!!!!!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Damn girl, you have done any amazing job! Congrats to you :)
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Wow....you look wonderful. What a great transformation. Keep up the great work :-)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow I think you look amazing ,great job.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely FABulous!! Way to go!
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wowza! Absolutely amazing!! Great job :happy:
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    You look wonderful! They say a picture is worth a 1000 words! Your cheeks should hurt from smiling all day long! You are an inspiration to us all!
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    You look absolutely FABulous!! Way to go!

^This!!! You have no need to point out minor flaws (that I don't even see). You look amazing and have done an awesome job transforming your body. Good job, you!
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    wow! you look absolutely great! awesome job!
  • annadunn12
    annadunn12 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job hun!! What an amazing transformation and completely inspirational! Well done you!! x x
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much. My stomach is my problem area; but looking at that photo I thought shy abs were better than no abs! I'll always have a degree of loose skin, I think, but that's okay - a reminder :)
  • CressidaJL
    CressidaJL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, girly. Look at you! I cannot imagine EVER standing in front of a mirror with my abdomen out & not feeling repulsed. You've done SO amazingly well! And, the abs are DEFINITELY there!!

In slightly related news, I do love the dress in the 'before' shot, though. ;)
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic hun.

Well done xxx
  • Cherry_star
    Cherry_star Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    THIS is why I tell you that you are my inspiration. You're a friend, you've been there and you've done it, worked your *kitten* off and got the version of you that you wanted to be. You're are proof that it can be done and that with the right effort, I can get there too.

So bloody proud of your achievements, and so proud to call you friend.

Big love, gorgeous x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!