In need of GOOD tasting gluten free tortillas.

Options
2»

Replies

• janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The closest Trader Joes is several hours away from me, which is kind of sad.. no Trader Joes, Whole Market, nothing like that around these parts of North Dakota, or anywhere in North Dakota. If I buy in store, it would have to be a brand that is carried in major grocery stores and the like. We do have a couple of independent health food stores, but its pretty limited shopping.
  • Loriallyn54
    Options
    Check out this link for almond flour crepes which would be similar to a flour type tortilla and can be used to hold fillings, as pasta as in her lasagna recipe, and is no carbs. www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vf32HZwWkA and check out this link for lots more almond flour recipes including breads. http://www.elanaspantry.com Hope this helps. There is alot of good information in each of these links!
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I found an EXCELLENT brand of gluten free products, Udi's, so dang good. I bought bread, bagels, chocolate chip cookies, frozen pizza, and chocolate muffins, but not the tortillas, ha. Anyway, I assume that since everything else is delicious, the tortillas will be as well.
  • newa71
    newa71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have heard that making them with almond flour works and it's no carbs and pure protein. If you are interested I can post the recipe!

Any and all recipes are welcome! Thank you.

I would love the almond flour recipe as well please!