Options
2»

Replies

• spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk DVD
    I did all 5 miles yesterday!
    I love it because you can do a mile a day, or all 5, or whatever!
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My favorites from her are "Walk Slim - 5 Really Big Miles" and "5 mile Fat Burning Walk" but if you are not used to fast walking you might want to start with "Burn Body Fat and Sculpt Your Arms" or "Power Walk With Friends"

Hope you enjoy them :)

Are the 5 really big miles set up so you can do any of them in any order, or is it one big long workout?
  • marz42
    Options
    I just recently got Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home - 5 Day Slim Down - A Mile Each Morning.

This dvd is broken down into separate segments of a warm up, cooldown, and 5 - 1 mile walks, each 1 mile walk is maybe 12 or 15 minutes you can play whichever ones in whichever order. I've never consistently exercised to a video in the morning before, I really hate mornings, but this is short enough and uncomplicated enough I can do it before I'm really awake if I need to.

I'm really liking it, much more than I thought I would. I thought, walking in place, how boring is that? But, surprisingly it's not. It's not just walking, it's sort of like aerobic dance but with the simplest (to understand) moves with walking in between. If you are intimidated by the fancy footwork of some aerobics videos, this is a good one to do.

Each of the 5 workouts is a little different, the 5th one is definitely the hardest. I wouldn't call any of them really hard though, I never feel like omg this is so hard, but I still work up quite a sweat. It's even kind of fun. She cues way ahead, and explains well and has a friendly encouraging tone (though after watching the warm up many times now, I wish I could turn off the coaching and just have the music).

I found out just the other day that gaiam's website has a deal like hulu, where you can sign up for 10/month and stream ALL the videos (I'm pretty sure), and they are one of the biggest makers. It works on roku too or so it says. So I canceled my hulu plus and am going to sign up for gaiam's service once I'm bored of this.
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My favorites from her are "Walk Slim - 5 Really Big Miles" and "5 mile Fat Burning Walk" but if you are not used to fast walking you might want to start with "Burn Body Fat and Sculpt Your Arms" or "Power Walk With Friends"

Hope you enjoy them :)

Are the 5 really big miles set up so you can do any of them in any order, or is it one big long workout?

You can do the 5 really big miles in any order, or go all the way for one big long workout. Each mile is a separate segment. Miles 1 & 5 are around15 minutes long, miles 2 & 4 incorporate strength training and mile 3 is a fast-paced 12 minute mile.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Another bonus of the 5 mile one is that you can turn her off and just have the music playing - which is nice if you've done it a few times.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have her Walk Away the pounds for 1, 2 and 3 miles. I started with the one mile as I was 272 when I started. I also have her Walk Away the Pounds for Abs also 1, 2 and 3 miles. I bought them at a garage sale so I don't have the resistance bands, but you don't need them to begin with...You still really can tell you are working the abs. Good Luck!
  • mondesa
    mondesa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have her Walk Away the pounds for 1, 2 and 3 miles. I started with the one mile as I was 272 when I started. I also have her Walk Away the Pounds for Abs also 1, 2 and 3 miles. I bought them at a garage sale so I don't have the resistance bands, but you don't need them to begin with...You still really can tell you are working the abs. Good Luck!

I will have to look for those I have done 3 days of the five really big miles. I did all five yesterday and today and thank goodness its easy on the kness but i dont feel like my CORE is getting much.

I bought an extra set of bands at walmart they are cheap
  • marz42
    Options
    Another bonus of the 5 mile one is that you can turn her off and just have the music playing - which is nice if you've done it a few times.

Oh wow that would be wonderful. I'm getting really tired of her talking on the warm up of the one I got. There are 5 workouts, but only one warm up...I think I have it memorized now.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I do the boot camp and the fat blast! LOVE them both!
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    my mom does the 1 mile or 2 mile one, i am not sure which one exactly.. she swears by them and LOVES them.. but I am a big girl (318lbs) and I could barely make it through 5 minutes. I needed to start lower.

I'm 329 pound and yes it's hard but I know you can do it.

I hear ya... the first mile killed me (I'm 360lbs). I have the 3 mile "walk your belly flat" and I just bought the 5 mile toning one...
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    I have her 4 Fast Miles DVD. There is a warm up and then 5 sets of 5 minute intervals 2 minutes of those is jogging. Then about 15 minutes of slower stuff and a cool down...total about 48 minutes. It really gets me to sweating and feels great when I do it, but if you can't jog - they show you what to do for walking fast instead. I've done both ways and still sweat. I have a treadmill now, so I don't do it much, but throw it on sometimes when I need something different.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love her dvd's!!!! You cannot go wrong with any of them. I so many of her dvd's its hard to choose which one I like best. I guess if I had to choose it would be 5 really BIG miles or the 3 fast miles.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I use her videos feel free anyone to add me if u like :)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have several of her dvd's. The 5 really big miles is my favorite. I love the strength training miles! I definitely saw the inches get smaller after doing this video for a couple of weeks. Her newest one ( I think) is the ultimate 5 day walk plan that has 5 different workouts that she has put together for different days of the week. You can also make your own workout. It has toning sessions after the walk. This is the one I have been doing lately, but on the weekend I go back to my 5 really big miles!