Sad, tired of crying and here because I've hit rock bottom.

Options
124»

Replies

• jamime
    jamime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so sorry - I understand how back pain can SO limit you daily activity. But you are on the right track! Everyone here to lose weight and everyone needs/can use support! My husband says the same thing to me (that he loves me) but its hard to believe it at times when I look in the mirror. So I then realized that the only person who can change how I feel about myself if me. You have my support!
  • SherryWooten
    SherryWooten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I understand those feelings. I have a little over 100 pounds that I need to lose and it's overwhelming at times. I have started and quit so many times that it is rediculous. The feeling sad, the crying, being depressed, feeling lower than low........I'm familiar with all of those emotions. I'm tired of accepting the feelings of failure. I know I can do but I need support too. We can do this.
  • celestialmoon
    Options
    You can do this! I had lost 79lbs gained 40 back and now since Mar. 24th of this year when I was 259lbs, I decided that I am worth caring about. You are too. I am 220.6 lbs as of this morning. I get in 15,000 steps a day and with the heat, I sometimes only get to 10,000. But you've to start somewhere, right? Don't lose faith. If you would like to be friends, I will be there if you need me. My name is celestialmoon. Contact me and we can be friends.:flowerforyou:
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, Take it easy on yourself....
    YOU QUIT SMOKING!!!
    thats HUGE. now that that is out of the way you can focus on your diet, but first pat yourself on the back for that MAJOR accomplishment!~ you got this! xoxo
  • galecolleen
    Options
    Feel free to add me...i just started here last week. I can honestly say that everyone on this site has helped keep me on track for the last 8 days. It's about accountability, hard work, and getting into a good routine of eating healthy and exercising. Every choice you make will impacty your journey. So, just make good choices throughout the day...eat some fruit instead of chips, eat yogurt instead of ice cream, go for a walk for 30 minutes instead of watching tv...and you will get there! Feel free to add me for more support!
  • dawnclemons1571
    Options
    Ahhhh sweety you will be ok. We've all been there or are there now so don't get discouraged. I know that's easier said than done but it sounds like you have good support from your loved one and that more than a lot of people have. So, cheer up, think positive and get motivated! Good luck and God bless.
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been there and done that and all of us on this "board" are happy to talk to you about it. ONE DAY AT A TIME. I joined Overeaters Anonymous over a year ago and am still working on getting it together. Haven't lost any weight but , like you, look pretty despite the over 200 pound weight. REACHING OUT IS YOUR FIRST STEP AND I AM SO SO PROUD OF YOU!
  • ekc020310
    ekc020310 Posts: 4
    Options
    Get a bag that you love to show off ;-) I am ordering one with a monogram from thirty-one. Or.....Oh! I know, get yourself a nice one as a reward to yourself for the first 5lbs or something. This is a great program, and I have seen with my own eyes how it has worked for myself and for others. One thing I will say is to plan rewards that will help you work towards your goal :-)
  • bassanne
    bassanne Posts: 56
    Options
    I feel for you. You can do it, maybe with a light weight loss you can start to be a little active. I started at the gym and just walked until I was able to go faster and longer, then added just a little weight training. Anyway I get were you are coming from, my husband loves me no matter what (mind you he is not over weight by any stretch of the imagination), and I can't believe that I got to 289lb's. By admitting some of these things to ourselves and out loud to someone close, makes it much easier.
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We are with you. You may add me as a friend. I'm EST in upstate New York
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Put yourself first and plan, plan, plan....Don't let your mind quit you with thoughts of defeat...MFP has been such a positive influence and support system in my life...I joined June 9th and it has been an amazing experience. add me if you like!:flowerforyou:
  • raycolvin
    raycolvin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Go to your library or chapters and get/rent the book "I CAN MAKE YOU THIN" by Paul McKenna. He has studied "natural thin" people for many years and came up with 4 simple golden rules to a natural way to shed pounds.
    I tried it out and it's legit.
    I can eat whatever I want, when I want.
    If i stick to the 4 rules:
    1)Eat when you are hungry
    2) Eat what you are craving
    3) Eat slow and enjoy every mouthful
    4) Stop when you are full

and he has a hunger scale...so you can measure your hungerness. It's just a really good book...easy read...can finish it in a few hours.

He reaches almost all touchy subjects attached to weight. Emotional eating, 'empty-plate' syndrome, etc.

But honestly...give the book a read. It'll change your life....your busy life.

OH! And I've been doing 20-25 minutes workouts at home with Jillian Michaels workout DVDs. I completed the 30 day shred in january and just started ripped in 30 yesterday (you can join this support group if you like: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7044-ripped-in-30-challenge-summer-2012) and I used to work out at the gym almost 5 times a week for the past year...maybe for almost 2 hours. But ever since I have been doing these DVDs..I haven't been going to the gym. and I have been seeing results like none other.

Message me if you want more info :)

Best wishes,

Rachel
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    you just made the biggest and most difficult step of this entire process. welcome. feel free to friend me.
    My husband may love me no matter what, but its extremely hard for me to love myself when I've let myself get to 236lbs!!!
    I'm tall and curvy and none of my friends would EVER guess that's what I weigh but it's true!

Saying this to a bunch of strangers is my first step in what I pray is the right direction.
    I've lost control because I'm tired all the time from work, don't get a break so I'm eating takeout regularly because it's quick.

I have horrible back problems and since the injury in 2003 I have not been able to be that active hence all of my weight gain. That
    and being in a happy relationship (isn't that funny how that works) and quitting smoking has led be down a path of laziness, convenience when it comes to food and just "accepting" that this fat is just how I was meant to be.

I am here as a last resort. I need motivation and I want to give it in return. So please, feel free to add me and maybe together we can beat this! : )
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Its 80 percent diet anyway so you'll be ok. Good luck!

Agreed. Stick to a good eating plan and add some exercise and you'll see your goal in time. Good luck.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I hear you, loud and clear. I've been there, I promise you. I've hated what I've seen in the mirror and had it consume 90% of my waking thoughts (and occasionally my sleeping ones...sadistic subconscious).

Feel free to add me; I had a similar start weight to you and thought this would be EFFING IMPOSSIBLE.

All the best.

Nat xxx
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    Rock bottom is a beautiful start!

I can't agree with that statement more. The only way out now is up.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You know what? You have a husband who loves you. It's so much more than some of us will ever hope to have. Take that happiness and allow it to motivate you on your journey, and good luck.

Just know that there are some of us who are jealous of you and what you have :)
  • BethSFisher
    Options
    Hi! I just joined & caught your message. You already took a hard step & sounds like you are right on target with the whys and hows. I love that you are in a good relationship- you will have good support. Now, go love yourself for your new efforts in packing a lunch and going for a walk during your busy day. You will start to feel motivated after a while of hard effort. Trust me, not easy at first, but will then be routine and you will feel great!! Keep it up. You go girl!!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Watching what you eat will help but as for your back problems you should ask your doctor what type of exercise you can do even if it's only walking for 10min a day that still helps.
  • missymontanez1
    Options
    Dont be sad, be glad!!!!!!!!!! because you have hit rock bottom like many of us now you are going to do something about it. It is during the most difficult times in our life when we become the strongest.

Melissa:flowerforyou: