Your favorite ways to use broccoli slaw?

Options
BodyByButter
BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
I found this in the store today and remembered reading about it here. But, now I can't remember what I read! How do you use it?

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    mayo, vinegar, truvia.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Cilantro-lime broccoli slaw on fish tacos

DSCN0826.jpg?t=1341964310

Mixed broccoli slaw (store bought bag of shredded broccoli, carrots & red cabbage), FF sour cream, low cal mayonnaise (I used Walden Farms 0 cal Miracle Mayo), lime juice, green onion, fresh cilantro (I used dried, didn't have any fresh), fresh chopped garlic or as I used Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb (to taste). Mix thoroughly.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Would you believe I have never had a fish taco? Those look great though.
  • khandiana
    khandiana Posts: 1
    Options
    There's a recipe in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks that puts the broccoli slaw under cod. The slaw is mixed with chopped tomatoes. The cod is covered with breadcrumbs drizzled with either butter or olive oil. My family LOVES this recipe. It's in one of the healthy/diet cookbooks.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I grab a hand full and chop it up into smaller pieces and use it in my green salads for extra fiber.
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Brown some ground turkey with garlic, teriyaki (sp??) Sauce, throw in the broccoli slaw for a minute or two to let it get a little flavor from the mix. Serve over brown rice or whatever.
  • Kierae
    Kierae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stir fry, add crunch to a sandwich (ie tuna or egg salad), add to scrambled eggs, add dressing and use like a cole slaw, noodle substitute (ie good with spaghetti sauce).
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I add mine to my wraps for a little crisp, I also tried it in a recipe the other day with lite mayo, a teaspoon of vinegar, handful of sunflower seeds, and a handful of turkey bacon. you can add it to salads, make an asian stir fry with it,
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    A bag of broccoli slaw is half or more of my recipe for fried brown rice. I also mix in other veggies like mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions etc until my pan is 1/4 brown rice and 3/4 veggies.
  • fierceangel1982
    Options
    Hungry girl has some good recipes using broccoli slaw www.hungry-girl.com
    I really like it in her macaroni salad substitute:
    Mac Daddy

Ingredients:

For Salad
    6 oz. (about 1 1/2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni with at least 2g fiber per 2-oz. serving (like Barilla PLUS)
    2 cups dry broccoli cole slaw
    1 cup chopped celery
    1 cup chopped red bell pepper
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    2 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
    6 large hard-boiled egg whites, chopped

For Dressing
    1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    1 1/2 tbsp. white vinegar
    1/8 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste
    1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)

Directions:
    Prepare macaroni according to package instructions. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Allow to cool completely.

Combine all ingredients for dressing in a medium bowl and mix until blended. Set aside.

Add all remaining salad ingredients to the bowl with the cooked macaroni. Add dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until completely chilled. Enjoy!

MAKES 8 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 heaping cup
    Calories: 126
    Fat: 1g
    Sodium: 393mg
    Carbs: 23g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 3.5g
    Protein: 6g

PointsPlus® value 3*
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Briyowes, that looks so delicious! I'm going to look for some broccoli slaw!
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love it on tacos/ burritos, in stir fry, on salads, mixed with dressing to make a crunchier slaw...
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    bump - those are some great ideas. I always use it in stir-fries. Yum!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I add sliced red bell pepper. then dress it with Newman's Own Light (or is it Low-Fat?) Sesame Ginger dressing. Then I top it with a handful of wasabi peas for crunch.

If I have leftover grilled chicken or pork, I might cube that and add to it.
  • lsawilson
    lsawilson Posts: 2
    Options
    I use Light Marzetti's cole slaw dressing (a small amount) and chopped apple and raisins. Our family LOVES it!
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl Bacon Ranch Broccoli Slaw

2/3 cup fat free sour cream ( I use low fat instead of fat free, but that's just my preference)
    1.5 Tbsp Dry Ranch seasoning mix ( I use the Fiesta Ranch kind)
    12 oz Broccoli Slaw
    1/4 cup precooked crumbled bacon (about 4 pieces)

Mix it all together and let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours before you eat it, so the flavors can blend together.

About 90 calories per serving - 1 cup - with this recipe (a little more with the low fat instead of fat free sour cream)
  • jenmcdav
    jenmcdav Posts: 67
    Options
    It can be a good burger topping in place of lettuce.

I also make these thai chicken wraps with it. They are delish.
    http://www.bhg.com/recipe/poultry/thai-chicken-wraps/

Sometimes I just put some vinegar, salt and pepper on it and eat it as a slaw side-- without all the creamy fatty dressing!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I like Hungry Girl's use of it as a substitute for pasta. Steam, boil or nuke it until it's soft then top it with bolognese, marinara, or whatever pasta topping you like. Yum!

Also tasty in chopped salads.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Chinese Chicken Salad!!!

shredded baked chicken, brocolli slaw and/or rainbow slaw, chopped green onion, fried wonton noodles (optional), and low fat Newman's Own Sesame Ginger Dressing.

I had this last night for dinner. a HUGE plate of it. and it was like 300 calories total and extremely nutrient dense.