When do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    STOP weighing yourself every day. If you cannot throw your scale out the window. Weigh once per week maximum in the mornings.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I"m a nurse at a local hospital and we tell our patients to weight themselves first thing in the morning once you get out of bed, after you urinate, naked!

That's what I do. :flowerforyou:
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I look in the mirror and feel like I look smaller than I did the last time I weighed myself. I haven't weighed myself in over a month now.:ohwell:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    In the am on thurs mornings officially......but I'm at a point where I can weigh myself anytime of day everyday and not care what it reads since I stay the same size consistantly (according to my clothing) regardless of the number I see.

It is fun to weigh yourself though before and after a pee or poop though......lol
  • chrisc16
    chrisc16 Posts: 94
    Options
    You should weigh yourself 6 or 7 times a day, and do a weighted average (no pun intended) based on the lunar cycle (when the moon is full, its gravitational pull is more pronounced, so you weigh slightly more). Then record this every week and average it out - that's what you should put down.

Sound crazy? It is. Just weigh yourself once a week, in the morning (empty bladder) and call it done.
  • anticheer101
    Options
    I weight myself in the morning at roughly the same time. I record all of my daily weights and divide it by 7 to get an average weekly weight and that's what I track and base my goals upon. I think that going by a once a week weigh in is not accurate enough with how much you change your weight in seven days.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was like.....lunar cycle REALLY?
    You should weigh yourself 6 or 7 times a day, and do a weighted average (no pun intended) based on the lunar cycle (when the moon is full, its gravitational pull is more pronounced, so you weigh slightly more). Then record this every week and average it out - that's what you should put down.

Sound crazy? It is. Just weigh yourself once a week, in the morning (empty bladder) and call it done.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

ESq3Q.gif
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Wednesday after I wake up in the morning and use the bathroom and yes, no clothes lol... it makes a difference!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other Saturday and I weigh myself in the morning before I start my day.
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning.
  • geeniusatwurk
    geeniusatwurk Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks, on a Sunday, right when I wake up. Between water weight and just random body fluctuations your weight can change by many (like 6) pounds in a day to day comparison, which can be quite disheartening.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings, after a piddle.. and with clothes on. Some people weigh naked, but im not going to be weighed at the doctors office naked, so i always weigh clothed.
  • megmanning
    megmanning Posts: 20
    Options
    STOP weighing yourself every day. If you cannot throw your scale out the window. Weigh once per week maximum in the mornings.

No way! I love weighing myself daily.
  • irish9229
    irish9229 Posts: 24
    Options
    Friday mornings:
    Wake up, go pee, jammies off, hop on scale, hop in shower!
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I weigh myself a lot. When I wake up, after I poop, before I go to bed. DAILY.

The fluctuations don't really bother me...I'm like my own science experiment. lol
  • mgeaux
    mgeaux Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't want to obsess over numbers so I'm doing it every 2 weeks
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about every 5 days/1 week. Occaisionally in between if i need reassurance, but I've only had a scale now for ~1 month. It's still novel.
  • graysiesmom
    graysiesmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Only once a week, in the morning, after pee, in the buff. Otherwise I'm on and off all the time and making myself crazy.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Tuesday or Sunday -- depending on work and when "date night" with my hubby falls. Why not the same day? I find that I have to be up and moving for about 1-2 hours before I get an accurate read on the scale -- sometimes I feel puffy when I wake up -- and not to be gross, but I usually will have a bowel movement in that period of time. I try to avoid the scale the rest of the time. Sometimes I will be down and think "Oh hey I can eat..." if I am up, I get bummed (when it's most likely water).