help!

Options
I've hit a plateau in my weight loss. Its been slowing down to about 1 pound a week. I know thats healthy but I still want to lose 25 pounds so if I'm losing 1 pound a week its going to take me 6 months to hit my goal! that seems like wayyyy too long. what can I do to get this back in track to losing 2 to 3 pounds a week? any ideas? i'm working out about an hour a day. i walk for 20 mins, do an elliptical machine for 20 and i have an exercise video thats 20 mins. please help!!!!

thanks!!

Ariel

Replies

• slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It may sound crazy.... but... take a break on the exercise...

Give your body the feeling that it doesn't need to hold onto the weight...

Don't eat over your calorie goal... Keep it close to the goal...

Reset your goal section to 2 lbs per week. It will calculate the correct calories to meet that goal.

Good luck....
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Check the amount of calories. Is your body starving itself?
    B
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating each day...it really doesn't look like you need to lose that many...
    Sometimes your body might need a different workout..You might want to find a different workout dvd or a different route to do your walking maybe add some hills or something like that...

Just an idea...good luck...and make sure you are drinking your water!!!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Try looking on the boards for stuff about plateaus, zig zag diets, etc. Those are all things I've seen other discuss when they stopped loosing. Just remember, this is a life change. You can do this!
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! these are great ideas! and im thinking my body may be starving itself. i eat enough to keep full but its not even close to the calorie count. after i add the exercise in it says i need to eat like 1000 calories still. but i feel guilty if i eat more. what is everyone eating for a days worth of food? maybe i can get some new ideas? and thanks for all being so positive! its hard to stay like that when the pounds are coming off so slowly now....
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Yup, you need to eat! Feed that body and it will release it's deathgrip on your fat cells :bigsmile: