Anyone else's legs itch when you run/walk?

Options
13»

Replies

• andrea0979
    Options
    I agree it has a lot to do with the high impact motion of running because I would experience that when I would do anything like jumping or running. I would happen when I am walking and the colder it is the worse it is
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    LOL my doctor told me, when I asked her, that I might actually be allergic to working out. LULZ- best excuse ever for avoiding training- but yeah- no such luck.
    yep don't know why but its really uncomfortable

dear god is it ever... SUPER painful and uncomfortable.

I have found it seems to be a circulation issue- it bothers me when I'm swimming too sometimes. I'ts very annoying- and definitely worse when it's cold. :( it does get better- but it's probably one of the reasons I don't really enjoy running any more- it hurts. A lot.
  • EliMP220
    Options
    Hi, don't see whether our not anyone has answered this but I'VE DEALT WITH THE SAME THING FOR YEARS! So glad to know there's a club out there! *WOO*

Well, I have found the answer! It's called "Cold Urticaria" and basically it is an allergy to cold temperatures. Here's a link that gives some info on it - and of course you could just google it ;-)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/211298-why-do-my-legs-itch-when-i-run/#page=4

Hope you're as excited as I was to have that mystery solved! :-D
  • littlemissslim36
    Options
    Hi, I don't get itchy legs just feet! Not sure if it is pressure on them when exercising but my goodness sometimes so intense and burning it's all my might not too just sit in the ice bucket! I assume its the reaction of body/blood heating up sweating to cool down combination. Have no idea - its good to know others have funny things happen I thought I was alone with little problems. x Jo
  • mollyscriven
    mollyscriven Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • Statistafunk
    Options
    I you are barely starting, I guess its just a matter of getting used to it. If you have been run/walking for a while and still have the same problem, it can be a variety of things. Along with the ones you mentioned, one thing that fixed it for me when I had that problem, was going to a running store and getting my strike/stride foot tested. They do this in order to find a perfect workout shoe that will help you with all these different things that might become a problem for you.

Im still overweight, but my body has gradually accustomed to this running/walking workout. Getting tested to find the best shoe for my weight and height, was probably the best decision I have made. So i would recommend that..