I need some easy Vegan Recipes

Options
Does anybody have easy, not a lot of ingredients vegan recipes they would like to share?

Replies

• pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    stuffed green peppers or zucchinis: used boca crumbles and brown rice with jalepeno and onion. added a smidge of cheddar and put them in the pepper and zucchini boats. threw a small can of simple garlic tomato sauce on top with a dash of italian seasoning. baked covered for an hour on 350.

I also like boca crumbles, black beans, brown rice, peppers and onions (I use salsa a lot), throw some cheesy taco powder in it and then throw it all into a burrito shell and bake at 350 for 15 min or so. can top with salsa and low fat sour cream.... I dont do tomatoes so dont use a lot of tomatoes in my stuff
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    roasted squash with ketchup is an amazing side to a meal that feels so warm and homey. Jicama or carrot fries, roasted, are also amazing.

for meals, I'm not actually vegan but I tend to gravitate towards vegetarian or vegan meals. I also love taking that big leaf lettuce with storebought salsa, onions, hot sauce, beans, and stirfried tempeh, and making AMAZING 'tacos'.

You can figure out what you're craving for a meal and search Google for a vegan version, there's almost always several good versions!

I found this website here, which is vegan and has like 34585034965 awesome and delicious vegan recipes that seem really simple :)
    ----> http://veganyackattack.com/
  • qwertypie
    qwertypie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually cook vegan dinners like this:
    1) Boil a grain or bean (couscous, pasta, lentils, etc.) until tender
    2) Choose about three vegetables. saute together in a bit of olive oil, going from longest-to-cook to softest-to-cook (give carrots a few minutes, then add onions, then mushrooms, then tomatos). Fry until tender. (I usually do fresh onions and garlic to add flavor.)
    3) Season vegetables to taste. Mix with the grain or bean.

I like that formula because it's really easy, variable, and lets me use whatever the hell I have in my fridge that night. Tonight it was couscous mixed with mushroom, carrot, tomato and onion, seasoned with cumin, tumeric and fresh cilantro.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    www.ohsheglows.com is the best vegan website out there. I have made most of her recipes. I just adore her and her food.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    any beans with rice, season however you like, add a bit of lemon juice.

chickpeas mashed with canned tomatoes and frozen spinach and cooked into a sauce to put on pasta or rice is awesome.

I take veggies (carrots, onion, zuchinni, eggplant, squash, peppers, celery, anything else you like) and bake in oven tossed in a touch of oil and seasoning. I put this on quinoa or rice or add to other dishes, or add a vegan meat to it like tofurky sundried tomato sausage all cut up.

my favorite website is vegweb, just type in an ingredient or recipe name (chili, soup etc) and pages of recipies will come up, then you can go through them to find the easy ones.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    these are my easy peasy portabello mushroom burgers

clean and marinate portabellos overnite in balsamic vinegar, garlic and grape seed oil

roast, grill or pan saute mushrooms

while mushrooms are cooking, thinly slice red onion and pan saute with grape seed or olive oil on very low heat until very tender. Add 1/4 cup tawny or ruby port and cook until completely reduced.

Serve on nice bread with thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes and fresh arugula or other flavorful lettuce
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    another fun one I stole from whole foods deli, is forbidden rice salad. always a huge hit!

cook forbidden rice until almost tender. chill. mix with apple cider vinegar and sugar to taste. add diced red bell peppers, sliced green onions, and diced lightly sauteed yams.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
  • verapamil
    verapamil Posts: 94
    Options
    bump-- I'm a vegetarian that needs serious help in the kitchen!
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    cauliflower salad is one of my favourites and takes about 3 minutes to make...great with tofu (if you like it) or other salad but I love it with grilled portabello mushrooms.

1/2 head of Cauliflower (raw with stem removed if you like)
    2 medium carrots
    1 Garlic clove
    3 tbsp of dried cranberries or goji berries
    small handful of parsley leaves
    proper handful of mint leaves
    1 tbsp sesame seeds
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste

Here's the easy bit....put everything in a blender until properly mixed and serve.
    : )
  • dick01
    dick01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    being an indian heritage we are always vegan. Most of the legumes can be boiled and add cumin, turmeric and garam masala along with fresh tomatoes and ginger . very wholesome and tasty.
  • aymenz
    aymenz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do the same! (Grain + veggies + protein/tofu/legume) as a standard meal nearly every night! Never gets boring because combination are endless!

Homemade Hummus....to make Vegan "Quesadillas":
    Put in a food processor in this order
    1-2 cloves (or more if you like it garlicky) of garlic - give the machine a whirl to mince garlic before adding the rest...
    1 can chickpeas (or 1-1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
    juice of 2 lemons
    1-1/2 TBS Tahini butter (if you don’t have this type of nut butter, almond or peanut butter works just fine too)
    a pinch or 2 of salt
    a sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional and only if you like hummus with a kick!)
    Turn on the machine and drizzle in about 2 TBS olive oil…drizzle very slowly to create a creamy consistency.
    Whirl until completely creamy
    Easy peasy! Takes less than 5 minutes and so much better than store bought!

I use hummus in place of cheese for vegan "quesadillas" - heat a tortilla, spread with hummus, sliced tomatoes, chopped cilantros, green onion, etc. Fold, brown both sides and cut into wedges. So yummy!

I also have a dynamite recipe for vegan ginger snap cookie...if you are interested, message me and I will dig it out and send to you :o)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    "everyday happy herbivore" and "the happy herbivore" cookbook were my saviors in the kitchen. i NEVER used to cook until i got these 2 books. the ingredient lists are short, and putting everything together is so simple. and everything tastes great. i never thought i'd be cooking as much as i do now.