Day 2

Options
Alright. I wanted to give a brief update. Today I am about 36 hours into NO smoking!! :wink: Yesterday I did really well and was able to pretty much push any urges aside until really late. My eating was not as good as it has been, I ate much more frequently yesterday, when I was not even feeling hungry or weak, just to put something in my mouth. And I did not want to make that a carrot stick. Last night, I completely caved in and I ate about 20 miniature 3 musketeers bars. Since they are all gone, I don't have to worry about them today. I realized as soon as I ate them , that I felt sick and that they did nothing for me.

My back, sides, and legs are all sore today from my brief workouts throughout the day yesterday. Obviously, they are working. I feel like I am going to have an awesome and tight back and sides, lol.

I plan on doing better today with my eating and I am not beating myself up for the way I ate yesterday. If I gain the ten pounds that I lost, at least it isn't going to kill me like smoking will.

My mission is water, water, water, physical activity, and prayer, prayer, prayer. Prayers for peace, comfort, and strength are always appreciated!!

Replies

• its time for change
    Options
    Alright. I wanted to give a brief update. Today I am about 36 hours into NO smoking!! :wink: Yesterday I did really well and was able to pretty much push any urges aside until really late. My eating was not as good as it has been, I ate much more frequently yesterday, when I was not even feeling hungry or weak, just to put something in my mouth. And I did not want to make that a carrot stick. Last night, I completely caved in and I ate about 20 miniature 3 musketeers bars. Since they are all gone, I don't have to worry about them today. I realized as soon as I ate them , that I felt sick and that they did nothing for me.

My back, sides, and legs are all sore today from my brief workouts throughout the day yesterday. Obviously, they are working. I feel like I am going to have an awesome and tight back and sides, lol.

I plan on doing better today with my eating and I am not beating myself up for the way I ate yesterday. If I gain the ten pounds that I lost, at least it isn't going to kill me like smoking will.

My mission is water, water, water, physical activity, and prayer, prayer, prayer. Prayers for peace, comfort, and strength are always appreciated!!
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Good job on not smoking. It is soooo hard to do. I quit smoking back in October, with the help of the chantix medication. I did end up gaining weight, but at least I am not smoking. (Weight can always be lost). Anways, just stay motivated and focused on your goal.!!:flowerforyou:
  • bricker06
    Options
    let me tell you i quit smoking 3 years ago cold turkey. it was very hard but i could get lung cancer and ive never heard of fat cancer. now i gained 50 pounds since i quit and just like smoking i would lose weight when i really was going to make the commitment. well it took me 3 years to really commit. however ive lost 23 pounds which is almost 10% of what i weighed so that alone decreased my chances of so many diseases linked to obesity. so while this battle will be hard im confident you can do this. and your one up on me, youve made yourself aware of the weight that could pack on. keep up the good work. and just remember to take it all one moment at a time. good luck.
  • its time for change
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. I took my girls on a long walk and have been creating exercise all day. My most unfavorite thing to do is a lunge. I have done them today, lol. I just went to the store and bought oranges. I noticed when I was smoking that smoking tasted nasty after an orange so I am hoping that if I eat an orange, some of my cravings will go away. It's been a long day. ON top of my withdrawl mood, I think that I have PMS. :grumble:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Keep up the good work!