Rant!

Options
LeeshaNichole
LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
So, I was talking to my co-work today about my weight loss. She asked me what day's I work this week, I told her and told her I was making supper earlier was making hamburgers-when our manager called to ask if I could work an extra day. A few minutes later is when we started talking about my weight loss, I told her I have lost 18lbs in a month. She said very snotty "Ohh well are hamburgers really on your diet?" I couldn't belive she would say that!! I explained to her I used lean ground chuck, no salt, put onions and garlic in it. After thinking about it, it really annoys me! First of all I rarely eat hamburger and was way down on calories today (left the house with out eating breakfast..oops) and figured I would have a little treat, paired it up with some delicious veggies! So that is my rant-is there anything people have said to you in the last little while that really gets your goat?

On the bright side, I have had three NSV this week!!

Replies

• Kalossus
    Kalossus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I lost 120 lbs and ate burgers all the time lol just look her in the eye and be like "ayo ***** you go over there and do your thing..and ima be over here Eating burgers and losing weight kbai"
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I lost 120 lbs and ate burgers all the time lol just look her in the eye and be like "ayo ***** you go over there and do your thing..and ima be over here Eating burgers and losing weight kbai"
    Congrats on losing 120lbs-that is truly amazing!!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    eh who really cares? At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what other people think. As my best friend's mom always says, "F*** 'em". haha
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Love a good rant.

Hamburgers be healthy food if you make 'em right.

I get my meat minced for me so I can be sure of the low fat content.

Hell it even has salad!
    Gotta love those lycopenes.
  • k8little
    k8little Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Let the haters hate
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    burgers are only unhealthy when cooked with cheap fattty meats and fried, you feel good knowing you can eat good healthy burgers anytime you like and still lose weight - good on ya!
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Awesome loss . . . You look amazing . . .
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    she can think/say whatever she wants! Let her be a hater. You are the one with results. You are the one that knows what your body needs/ what your daily allowance is. Her opinion means nothing.
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    just ignore people like that! they don't know what progress you've done througout the rest of the week! and you've got to have a treat at some point or you'll give up completely!

just you wait and see her face when it all works out for you and you can say "yes even with burgers...IN YOUR FACE!"

:D
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of people even on this site that would snub you for eating a burger. It is part of that diet mentality where you must certainly not enjoy what you are eating and should surely feel weak and hungry while losing weight. Unfortunately, that is how many people think about weight loss. I felt that way before too. Enjoy your burger!
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    haters-gonna-hate-cat.jpg
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    Options
    Does it matter? At the end of the day you'll lose weight and look great and she won't be able to say a thing about it.

That being said, I have a friend who always complains about her weight and then eats fast food pretty much every day for dinner, and it annoys me when she comes to me to cry about how she hates her body because she doesn't make any effort to cut junk.

But that's clearly not the story for you, so screw her. Who cares what she thinks?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    UGH! I know exactly how you feel!

I once had someone ask me if I was sure that I should be eating everything that I'd put in my salad (shrimp, crab, boiled egg) and if I could really lose weight eating that much.

I was like, "Hello! Do you know what I've eaten today? Do you know the nutrition for anything in this?"

ETA: Oh and I'm having a burger for lunch today. I couldn't make it fit in my macros for dinner last night so I saved it for lunch today! It's all about finding balance!
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I actually had a buger last night! With cheese. Take that!

In all seriousness, they are what you make of them. If you get the prepackaged, preservative filled ones or the ones from McD's, of course they aren't good for you. If you are getting lean, ground beef and pressing the patties yourself, they are better. There is nothing wrong with that.

Thank goodness you know that!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I totally get your frustration but she's just showing her ignorance. Some people for some reason (can't imagine why) think to lose weight you can only eat rabbit food... obviously everyone's different but her reaction was just silly. Don't let it get to you just keep up the good work! You're obviously doing something right! :drinker:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    She said very snotty "Ohh well are hamburgers really on your diet?" I couldn't belive she would say that!!

Why?
    Some people just really don't know what you can/shouldn't eat..

It's nothing to be upset about, but a time to educate her...
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    keep with the weight loss. Show her how great hamburgers can do you!
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I eat cheesburgers 1-2 times a week and I am doing just fine... dont let her bother you :)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of ****heads in the world - best not to let them get you down. Listen to kind people and ignore the negative ones :-)
  • bsmellie
    bsmellie Posts: 2
    Options
    Where I come from, people like your co-worker are called "Haters". I work in an office too and there is always someone trying to offer a cupcake (because they think I'm missing out) or advice about my journey to better health. I have come to the point where I just smile and nod (and say no thank you to the cupcakes). Their opinions mean nothing to me.